Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Innovation Projects

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
Hey guys, by next month I will be participating in a Innovation projects competition. It is between universities competition.

The theme for this competition is to create some product that is helpful to those who is deaf(someone that cant hear)

So, I would like to ask if there any good or creative ideas ?

My concept will be like using display such as LCD as a communication tools between those who are deaf.

Thank you

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
How about a wrist watch type of device which vibrates when it receives sound, the the deaf person can look for the sound source and lip read if it is someone trying to speak to them.

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
Great.. A vibration.Then how bout communication ?

With speech recognition getting so good nowadays you could have a device, that could translate speech into text. There are lots of great (free) programs that could do this, and it could even be built into a small device such as a raspberry pi hocked up to a small screen.

Or even better, you could simply develop an app, for android/apple/blackberry that would use the microphone built in with the same sort of software as mentioned above to translate speech into text. The vibration could also be built into the same app as most phones have a vibration function.