Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Innovative Gaming Project

MMenard0313

Feb 27, 2015
Hey I'm trying to see if there's a way to direct gaming signals to a device like Chromecast.

There are 3rd party apps that send mirroring information to Chromecast so I figure if there is a device that sends it to it, it should be similar and be able to be able to cast one gaming console to multiple TV's that have a device like Chromecast.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hey I'm trying to see if there's a way to direct gaming signals to a device like Chromecast.

There are 3rd party apps that send mirroring information to Chromecast so I figure if there is a device that sends it to it, it should be similar and be able to be able to cast one gaming console to multiple TV's that have a device like Chromecast.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Well.. some digging around may help you with a solution.
Chromecast has a large following of custom apps that can be installed on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac to cast web-pages, youtube, full desktops, or local video files to Chromecast devices.
A stand-alone device may not work so well without a small menu or screen of it's own, because when casting to devices you need to select the 'destination' from a drop-down menu. You may have a tough time streaming to multiple sets simultaneously, as I'm only aware of broadcasting to a single device at a time.

What I've used in the past for store-front displays were simple splitters. You can get them for HDMI, Component, S-Video, and Composite video quite readily... but these are wired solutions, but wireless.

There may be a pre-existing broadcast system that works like these splitters, but wirelessly.

Anyway... in a pinch, could probably get away with using some raspberry Pis (with WiFi) and some custom software to try to do multicast video transmission.

MMenard0313

Feb 27, 2015
Well.. some digging around may help you with a solution.
Chromecast has a large following of custom apps that can be installed on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac to cast web-pages, youtube, full desktops, or local video files to Chromecast devices.
A stand-alone device may not work so well without a small menu or screen of it's own, because when casting to devices you need to select the 'destination' from a drop-down menu. You may have a tough time streaming to multiple sets simultaneously, as I'm only aware of broadcasting to a single device at a time.

What I've used in the past for store-front displays were simple splitters. You can get them for HDMI, Component, S-Video, and Composite video quite readily... but these are wired solutions, but wireless.

There may be a pre-existing broadcast system that works like these splitters, but wirelessly.

Anyway... in a pinch, could probably get away with using some raspberry Pis (with WiFi) and some custom software to try to do multicast video transmission.

Thanks for the response. ✊
A video I saw was to wire it through the house w a splitter but I have the televisions in different areas of the house.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Thanks for the response. ✊
A video I saw was to wire it through the house w a splitter but I have the televisions in different areas of the house.
What kind of equipment do you have in the house already?
Is there a network cable near each TV? (Can one be easily installed?)
Are any of the TVs 'Smart'?
What kind of budget do you want to work with?
Would you be fine with latency?... ie, something happens in the game, and it does not show up on the TV for one or more seconds.

With computers (including raspberrypi, knock-offs, or other SBCs) you can stream media quite easily with VLC for example. The tricky part is finding a decent 'capture device' to copy the video source to the home network for the other players to stream from.
You can also use something like Twitch, or any other broadcast service but you may find this is bandwidth intensive and may use up much of your internet capacity for the home.