Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Install Bluetooth to treadmill

Constantinos74

Mar 16, 2021
Hi,

I m trying to install Bluetooth module on the board of my treadmill and till now I haven’t make it.
The board has 6 pin connector and the module is the hc05. I identified 3 pins on the board (GND, VCC and one free) but I can’t identify the rest 3, so I can’t connect it. I made some connections from what I saw on the board connections but it doesn’t work. Can somebody help me how to identify the rest pins? Is there any way to discover this? The treadmill has this option but after a long efforts to find the component seems that there is not any more available.
Thank you in advance!

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
What is the normal purpose of the connector on the treadmill board that you are using?
Does this treadmill have information about the connector?
Perhaps you can give a few more details.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Don't buy into the nonsense that is promoted by marketing agencies that you need high tech involved with exercise.

You don't need bluetooth on a treadmill. Heart rate monitor perhaps, but bluetooth, no.

Constantinos74

Mar 16, 2021
Thank you very much both for your response.
There is a specific app for this treadmill (strength master TM 5010) that gives you the ability to run virtually in some places in the world with view. I have seen it and it is amazing feeling. Look here http://product.strengthmaster.com/App
Unfortunately I couldn't find any information about the connector! Nothing! I suppose that the only thing I have to do is to connect a Bluetooth module. There is a Bluetooth button on the treadmill that when I pressed it starts blinking in the screen the Bluetooth icon, like it's trying to connect. When I was making some tests I saw some changes on screen for example loop on programs or on diagrams. That means for me that there is o potential connection but I have to find the correct way. That's why I am asking if there is a way to identify the pins on board...

Constantinos74

Mar 16, 2021
Don't buy into the nonsense that is promoted by marketing agencies that you need high tech involved with exercise.

You don't need bluetooth on a treadmill. Heart rate monitor perhaps, but bluetooth, no.

I don't disagree with you. Actually this helps you to keep high the motivation to continue body exercise. This the important.

Constantinos74

Mar 16, 2021
What is the normal purpose of the connector on the treadmill board that you are using?
Does this treadmill have information about the connector?
Perhaps you can give a few more details.
is it helps if i send photos of the board and bluetooth module?

Constantinos74

Mar 16, 2021
Hello,

Does the treadmill have a usb port?
If so, there might be a bluetooth adapter available.
I know there is for some of the hometrainers.

Bertus
Unfortunately no.... The manual says that it is optional too....

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
So all you need is the pinout for HC05? I found it by searching for, (of all things) "HC05".

HC-05-Bluetooth-Module-Pinout.png

https://components101.com/wireless/hc-05-bluetooth-module

As for the connections on the board, a "good" (posted elsewhere in high resolution with good lighting) picture might help, or you can trace the circuit to see where each goes, using a multimeter if necessary. You'll probably end up at some IC and can pull the datasheet to see its pinout.

Pin1 might not be used, or Pin 6 for state, when you are trying to turn bluetooth on, this should send power that formerly wasn't present, on the corresponding board connection, if it is used at all. TX/RX, swap back and forth to see if either works.

Last edited:

Constantinos74

Mar 16, 2021
So all you need is the pinout for HC05? I found it by searching for, (of all things) "HC05".

View attachment 51266

https://components101.com/wireless/hc-05-bluetooth-module

As for the connections on the board, a "good" (posted elsewhere in high resolution with good lighting) picture might help, or you can trace the circuit to see where each goes, using a multimeter if necessary. You'll probably end up at some IC and can pull the datasheet to see its pinout.

Pin1 might not be used, or Pin 6 for state, when you are trying to turn bluetooth on, this should send power that formerly wasn't present, on the corresponding board connection, if it is used at all. TX/RX, swap back and forth to see if either works.
If pin1 it is not necessary to connect, it gives me less pairs to test. It is a valuable info! I will try it and I will come back for the results! Thank you very much!!!!