Maker Pro
Maker Pro

insufficient privileges

izzzzzz6

Jan 27, 2021
have insufficient privileges to reply.
Hi. Is posting here enough to gain sufficient privileges in order to reply or ask a question on an existing post?
Hi y'all. I keep trying to get by by my gear keeps destroying itself!
recent destruction count so far:
2x lab gruppen 6400 self destructed £2000 used price.
1x Sabbine DSP 4800 started sending strange and loud noises to random channels. £420 used price
1x peavey DSP 4 in 8 out but the lcd screen was DOA, it had been in storage for a while before i first used it, tried to change settings and sent some very loud tone to the speakers which blew 6x 6,5" drivers (expensive repair).
1x QSC Powerlight 6.0 put it on the spare amp shelf for a few years and went to use it after my 2'nd lab 6400fps blew and it lasted a few days (muted most of the time) till it started to blow / trip mains fuses.
Lent a Peavey / Crest cpx 2600 to a scientist to do some strange mouse experiment with and it blew just about everything.
Cloud 1000W touched my hand across both heatsinks, got a shock and now it's in protect mode.

Thats just a taster of whats been destroyed recently but it's by no means everything. plenty more lights/lasers, amps and drivers in the repair rack.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
have insufficient privileges to reply.
Hi. Is posting here enough to gain sufficient privileges in order to reply or ask a question on an existing post?

hi

It means the thread has been locked and the only people that can say anything in it are us moderators

Why was it locked, well you didnt give a link, so I cannot be specific

But will be one of several things ....
very old thread ~ 2years or more
it was a bad thread, but not quite worthy of full deletion
The thread author was banned and his/her thread then locked

Dave

izzzzzz6

Jan 27, 2021
hi

It means the thread has been locked and the only people that can say anything in it are us moderators

Why was it locked, well you didnt give a link, so I cannot be specific

But will be one of several things ....
very old thread ~ 2years or more
it was a bad thread, but not quite worthy of full deletion
The thread author was banned and his/her thread then locked

Dave

Hi there Dave. Thanks for the reply. I suppose it was an old thread. I wanted to ask the guy if i could get a new link to his blog on repairing a QSC Powerlight 6.0 as the link doesn't seem to work. Shame as it sounds like a golden guide to one of my repairs.

James

https://www.electronicspoint.com/fo...-supplier-small-qty-needed.72759/#post-563436

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi there Dave. Thanks for the reply. I suppose it was an old thread. I wanted to ask the guy if i could get a new link to his blog on repairing a QSC Powerlight 6.0 as the link doesn't seem to work. Shame as it sounds like a golden guide to one of my repairs.

James

https://www.electronicspoint.com/fo...-supplier-small-qty-needed.72759/#post-563436

OHHH, not just an old thread, if you notice at the top, it's a read only archive :)

Post your own thread and ask Q's see if you get any responses
Some that is active on the forum these days may be able to help :)

Please post in this section :)
General Electronics Discussion | Electronics Forums (electronicspoint.com)

Dave

Last edited: