Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Interface connector help

oxicottin

Sep 14, 2012
Hello, I'm trying to design or think of a way to connect a two-wire connector to a project box that I'm 3d printing. I'm wanting something flush fitting on my project box on the outside I don't want to sticking out. I was looking at the RJ11 phone cables which is fine I'm only going to use two wires out of it but I'm lost on how to get it flush fitting. I only have two connections outside my project box any ideas would be great these outside wires are two sensors each sensor has two wires

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Assuming many aspects of your request......
3 pin din......more readily available than 2 pin.

Attachments

• 3pinDin.jpg
    3pinDin.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 4

oxicottin

Sep 14, 2012
I tried the 2 pin from amazon but the female wasnt flush which drove me crazy. It stuck out at least . 5 inch. Is there a jst female that i can panel mount

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
One I showed would likely be only around 1mm or so at best I'm guessing.
Don't see why it would matter as one has to have a male plug sticking out maybe 15 mm anyhow.
Could possibly use a dc power socket and a 90 degree plug I guess to cut down on the bit sticking out.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
While the part in post #2 is intended to be inserted into a hole with the mounting flange on the outside, there is another way. Mount it on the inside of the box. This recesses the face of the connector by whatever the box wall thickness is.

ak

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
^ Or put mounting studs into the 3D printed design to screw on from the inside, or a slot or tabs to hold it, depending on the socket design... then wouldn't even necessarily have to be a panel mount type socket.

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
High power, low power, signal line, line voltage, communications, strap or jack, the connector should fit the application.
There really isn't a flush mount pin-out, but I have seen a corner pin-out that looks flush when the connector is in it.

Personally I like RCA jacks, they can be inset so that they are not unsightly, and they have two wires built into them. The most obvious way is to drill a hole, stick the wire through it, and use screw terminals on the wires. you need to supply an access to the device with hidden keyed locks or something.

oxicottin

Sep 14, 2012
Thanks guys i bought the din and well see how that goes. However im going to try it like Analogkid suggested.