Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Intermatic spring timer

jrgsmnn

May 28, 2011
Could someone please help me with an Intermatic Spring Wound Timer #FF30M. I can't seem to figure out how to wire it and have looked everyone for the instructions without any luck. I have two black and two white wires coming from the wall but the timer only has two side openings labeled Line 2 and Load 2 on the right side. On the left side of the face there are openings labled Load 1 and Line 1 but I don't see how to attach the wires.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there

google is a wonderful place if the correct info is typed in ;)

finally found this after going through some 30 www sites
http://www.heatizon.com/files/activation/M325D-12-Hour-Timer.pdf

it shows the various wiring configurations

use a multimeter on Ohms range as a test before wiring it up....
with the timer off there should be NO contact between Line1 ..... Load1 and Line 2 and Load2

With the timer activated and counting down there should be contact between Line1 and Load1 ..... Line 2 and Load2

there should be NO contact between Line1 and Line 2 ... Load1 and Load2 at any time ...timer off or activated

cheers
Dave

Last edited:

jrgsmnn

May 28, 2011
Thanks Dave. I also found this set of instructions but I didn't think it was the one I needed. My junction box has two sets of wires so I was looking for instructions that matched my situation. I removed the box over five months ago and now can't remember how it was hooked up! (I should have just snapped a picture). The only thing I can think of is that one set of wires are just capped off but don't see the sense in that. Any other ideas?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
yes, you could just twist the 2 neutral wires together, the one from the power source (line) and the one from the load and insulate them. If they are not connected, there will be a "hole" in the circuit :) The timer is then using just one set of contacts, say Line1/Load1 to switch the live (Hot) wire.
conversely you can use both sets of contacts and switch both live and neutral. So Live and neutral, from power source, go to Line1 and Line2. live and neutral from the load go to Load1 and Load2.

did you meter out the contacts as I suggested and confirm the connections of the timer ?. I seriously recommend doing that......
just to confirm that only line1 and load1 connect and disconnect and the same with Line2 and Load2 contacts

cheers
Dave

Last edited:

jrgsmnn

May 28, 2011
Thanks again Dave. I joined the two neutral wires and used the incoming black for the line and the outgoing as the load and it works fine. I appreciate your help.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Thanks again Dave. I joined the two neutral wires and used the incoming black for the line and the outgoing as the load and it works fine. I appreciate your help.

excellent :) you are welcome

have a great day

Dave