Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Ionic Breeze Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Nov 1, 2011
Ionic Breeze repair seems an impossibility for I have been searching for a new wire or repair service to replace my broken wire...neither seem available. Some have suggested using piano wire as an alternate. Has that worked? Has anyone found a source for the wire or repair?....Fritz

Last edited:

Lynn731

Apr 12, 2012
I have the same problem. I bought 4 of the Quadra units. On two of the units, one wire broke. I also have three of the smaller desktop units, they stopped working. Despite all the bad things said about these units, I like them. We have a dog and two cats. I can sure tell the difference when the units were all working. I wish someone knew what type of wire they use, and how to replace it.

Last edited:

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
If I saw a picture of this mythical wire, I might have a notion what it is and what can be had to replace it. Have you measured the diameter?

Lynn731

Apr 12, 2012
That is certainly a great idea, however, I do not have a guage small enough to do that. There is a company that claims to be able to fix the units for $79 per unit. I do not want to pour good money after bad, as I have no way to find out if they are honest and will do what they claim.

Lynn731

Apr 12, 2012
I read recently that the wires were made of nylon, could that be true? Seems nylon could not carry the electricity.

hexreader

Apr 21, 2011
1 What follows is personal view only - feel free to ignore

2 I had one of those ionisers once - believed the hype - all I got was a grubby wall.

3 My current view is that these devices are more hype than substance. Complete waste of money, unless believing is what matters.

4 If you still believe, then wire is wire. Any electrical wire will carry the small current required. Use anything handy, but NOT nylon wire LOL. Nylon is an insulator LOL.

5 For this job, any wire of any diameter will do. As long as it conducts. Just use anything cut to the same length as the original, but even length is not critical. Look for anything that looks similar to the original (i.e. replace insulated wire with insulated, or uninsulated with uninsulated)

IMHO :)

Last edited:

Lynn731

Apr 12, 2012
I have the same problem. I bought 4 of the Quadra units. On two of the units, one wire broke. I also have three of the smaller desktop units, they stopped working. Despite all the bad things said about these units, I like them. We have a dog and two cats. I can sure tell the difference when the units were all working. I wish someone knew what type of wire they use, and how to replace it.
I found the answer. It is .008 or .009 E string wire for an electric guitar. Instructions on how to replace the wire are on FixYa.com. I have all four Quadras with broken wires now, a friend is going to try and fix one and see how that goes. If it works, he will fix the other 3. The problem with the table top units is said to be related to the transformer and voltage. He will look into that as well as we have 3 table top units.

Lynn731

Apr 12, 2012
We tried the electric guitar wire. It lasted about 1-2 months before it burned out. This obviously is not the correct wire.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
2 years later and you still haven't supplied a pic of this unit as was asked for a wayyyyyyyyyyy back then
so we know what the heck we are dealing with

Lynn731

Apr 12, 2012
I have no way to send a pic. I will have to find someone with a digital camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.