Maker Pro
Maker Pro

IOT: What new features I should include in my IOT based smart home project?

Paul Saha

Jul 7, 2016
Hello Sirs/Madams,
I am looking forward to do a project on IOT. The topic I have chosen is "Smart Home".
Can you tell me what features or facilities I should include? (or you want to have in your dream home!)
Please help! Any ideas?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
I have known several people who worried about having left various appliances on after leaving the house. How about a special adapator you can plug the iron, toaster, space heater etc. into that one can check from one's cell phone to reassure them that they have not left something on.

Bob

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
I have known several people who worried about having left various appliances on after leaving the house. How about a special adapator you can plug the iron, toaster, space heater etc. into that one can check from one's cell phone to reassure them that they have not left something on.

Bob

For example, you could have an ir beam break attachment, this could be fitted to an extension lead to check whether any of the sockets are occupied, or could be placed across the mains rocker switch. The machine to device communication would then send the status to the [insert user device]. This is the least invasive method I can think of, you could have current sensors to check whether the device is drawing power or a pressure based switch to check whether a plug is in a socket alternatively.

Others:
  • Blind opener linked to an alarm clock + close at night
  • A toilet/kitchen roll holder linked to an Amazon dash button
  • Clothing item with chemical sensors to analyse sweat, then advises user on fluid and trace elements intake etc.
There are many others, far more imaginative, that I am sure people will come up with.

Paul Saha

Jul 7, 2016
A

Bob[/QUOTE/]
Anythingelse?

Paul Saha

Jul 7, 2016
What are the ideas you have so far?
I think the simultaneous process makes the IOT interesting. I am fascinated by that.
I am looking to make wristband which has an alarm in it. When the alarm rings, the wrist band will communicate with the side-lamp (which will get turned on) which will then communicate with the curtains to pull them off, and then the coffee machine starts.
The wrist band will also detect abnormal heart beat and send the health data immediately to the predefined doctor which will then dispatch the ambulance.
The wrist band will also have a temperature & humidity sensor which control the speed of fan or ac accordingly.

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
In my dream home, I would love to have something that can track my phone, wallet, keys, glasses. :D

With the above wrist band idea, we already have similar products (watches/bands) in the market.

Paul Saha

Jul 7, 2016
In my dream home, I would love to have something that can track my phone, wallet, keys, glasses. :D

With the above wrist band idea, we already have similar products (watches/bands) in the market.
This is my college final year project. So it doesn't matter whether this things exist or not.