Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Ipod GAME CALLER

illfixit

Jan 7, 2014
Has anyone even heard of what I'm talking about or does this exist. I'm about to drop a couple hundred bucks on a cheap game caller that so far has a 1 star rating that I can find, but would rather not if I could make this work. Most callers and remotes only last a max of 20-24 hours and this set up so far will last for weeks as much as I use it. I had to charge my last $250.00 caller every time I used it. This would be great if I could get some help on making it work. Please let me know if its possible. Thanks a bunch in advance.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK
firstly.... that ebay thing you linked to is a wireless siren
its not going to work as a wireless speaker without lots of modification (LOTS and LOTS OF)
secondly... it only has a 30 meter range ~ 100 ft only 1/3 of what you wanted

You may have to do some more googling and see what you can find
post any links back here so us guys can check them out for you and give recommendations :)

cheers
Dave

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
this can be done many ways, the easiest way off the top of my head is simply plug it into the earphone jack of another phone and then call it. to get optimal sound try an amplifier
then Iphones have Bluetooth (not so long range) and wifi(that you can use extenders for)
hope this helps

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
another thought came to mind, grab a laptop and a desktop control app for the Iphone. then control the music program over wifi. I use Jumi one to annoy my kids as it has a fly but there are others.
if you are simply using MP3's then VLC has a range of programs on android and Iphone to stream and control playlists.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
oh and last but not least is an FM transmitter their ranges vary but that's how you play music in your car, find one with a decent range or get someone on here to make a suitable one for you