Maker Pro
Maker Pro

iPod

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
Got an older iPod which has served me well for some years, now the battery requires replacing. Is it possible for me to do this? Dont fancy paying a fortune for experts to do it.?
:D

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Google for "iPod battery replacement"

You'll need to know exactly what hardware version you have and maybe you'll need some special tools, and depending one the version it can vary in difficulty.

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
I would recommend having someone do it for you, I have a friend who has replaced every part of every kind of ipod, the first 15/20 that he worked on got destroyed until he got the hang of how to get into it and work with the parts inside

for parts and labor you would look to spend like... 45 bucks, give or take depending on time frame, and model of the ipod

if you are going to do it yourself go very slowly and be cautious, there are a lot of things that you can mess up VERY easily with the slightest of wrong moves

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
if you are going to do it yourself go very slowly and be cautious, there are a lot of things that you can mess up VERY easily with the slightest of wrong moves

OK, youv'e got me scared! Can't afford to lose the 900 jazz tunes on mine so I'll take your advice and get it fixed professionally!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
on the other side of this, if all your items are downloaded via itunes you can reload them using your itunes account. the BIG issue is if you do it yourself and mess things up are you able to replace the unit, they aren't cheap.
I have a very good rule i follow, if its cheap try to fix it myself, if its expensive, call a guy.
there are sub clauses to that rule but for now that is enough lol

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
on the other side of this, if all your items are downloaded via itunes you can reload them using your itunes account.

Yeah, in my case the tunes are all in my long-in-th-tooth iMac and that is getting a bit unreliable so I can't guarantee to be able to load everything on a new iPod. I will start looking for a repair place and get a quote.

Thanks for comment.:D

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
maybe you'll need some special tools, and depending one the version it can vary in difficulty.

Just a word on the 'specialty' tools if you hit up Ebay there are TONS of battery replacement kits that come with a little tool kit just for doing this... The tools are less than stellar but they should serve the purpose...

But, as has been said it's take a little knack (or experience) to crack it open without damage...

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
But, as has been said it's take a little knack (or experience) to crack it open without damage...[/QUOTE]

Thanks but I'm scared poohless after the last few letters!..... I don't ususally give up on things, I've challenged quite a few of the "impossible" things in my life and am still here to boast about it, but this one will have to be waved away, I can't afford failure!
Regards
Deigh:eek: