Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Ir remote controll

Pishty

Jan 25, 2010
I am back whith another post .My first post didnt get any reply but i hope that with this problem there is somebody who can help me .I need to decode a remote controll.I connected my IR receiver to an osciloscope and pushed a buton from the remote control .On the screen i got a signal with 32 bits .I have to figure out the packages from that signal, after that i remove the address bits because i only need command package .That's the theory practicaly i have no idea how should i do this .I could use any tipe of remote control but with sony or philips it would be easier for me to define the commands for the microcontroller .I need a hint about the port i should use because hcs12x only supports logical '1' and '0' on many of it's ports.So if anybody knows something about the sofware or any other idea for this problem please reply.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I think you're asking 2 questions.

The first appears to be a question about the encoding of IR remote control signals You don't tell us anything about the remote, so it's really hard to help. Do you want to use a specific remote control, or can you pick anything?

The second appears to be a question about how to interface this signal to a microcontroller. The answer to this is somewhat easier. You take the output of the IR detector (most which produce a logic signal output) and connect it to pretty much any input of your microcontroller. Then you write a program which looks at the pulses coming in and decodes the signal (this part is not trivial).

There are plenty of microcontroller circuits out there that even learn the signals from your remote, so googling for these might be of assistance to you.

This is just one example: http://www.tauntek.com/tinyir2-learning-ir-remote-control-receiver.htm

This has some useful links that may answer some of your encoding questions http://home1.stofanet.dk/hvaba/fprc5rx/index.html