Maker Pro
Maker Pro

IR sensing human presence

nikhilmargam

Jan 11, 2022
hello guys, i have purchased 1 ir sensor from roboelements.com, this is the ir sensor https://www.roboelements.com/product/ir-proximity-infrared-sensor-obstacle-detector/ i want to make human sensing mirror light, like when we go in front of the mirror then it should glow, i tried it, but its not sensing properly. check check the sensor from the link and suggest me something. I also tried from robu and electrocomp but the same is happening. pls suggest me something

nikhilmargam

Jan 11, 2022
i want to make things simple and i want to reduce the cost so that i can make final product in less cost.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
@nikhilmargam : I moved your post from the hijacked thread to a thread of its own. You need to be much more specific about your product and your requirements.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
How are you expecting this to detect?
Specs say “max 300mm detection”. I would think that’s a little optimistic, maybe 150mm.
Also, where is the module located?
In a very bright room, it may not work at all. Try covering the LED a little to block day light.
Then, if still not working as desired, try moving an object (not human) in detection range.

Martin

nikhilmargam

Jan 11, 2022
How are you expecting this to detect?
Specs say “max 300mm detection”. I would think that’s a little optimistic, maybe 150mm.
Also, where is the module located?
In a very bright room, it may not work at all. Try covering the LED a little to block day light.
Then, if still not working as desired, try moving an object (not human) in detection range.

Martin
hi martin,
thanks for the advice, i will try this. i put the module on the top of the mirron and lights are on the ceiling. i connected it to the relay to operate the lights.
i will first try covering the IR leds and then will c how it works.