Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Is Electrical Engineering Hard? 【Facts】

hawardkathie

Mar 6, 2023
Electrical engineers have a significant role in adding comfort to our lives. Many appliances of our daily use, along with our electricity infrastructures are the products of electrical engineering.

It’s considered one of the most challenging engineering disciplines. Unlike other disciplines where one can physically see and touch the objects, they work with. But in electrical engineering, you work with micro-level particles that you cannot see and feel physically.

It’s surely a math-intensive field, including advanced math concepts, calculus, trigonometry, etc. All this coupled with intensive workloads and insane study and research hours make electrical engineering all the more challenging.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Any career worth it's salt requires hard work, not just electrical engineering.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
It’s surely a math-intensive field, including advanced math concepts, calculus, trigonometry, etc
This is homework help, so we're not allowed to give you the answer. You must make your best attempt in solving this problem.(just kidding)
Without us nothing would work...How cool is that! :cool:

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
photo_1678182068859.png

It's what I do!
:p
Edit: This was originally posted in homework help. I was hoping my comments would read rather light-hearted & whimsical in the best possible way

Last edited:

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
Its hard for me, I've been failing for a long time now with not much to show for it.
I found programming was hard, but looking at circuits is even harder, if only u could add 2 numbers together, its easy if u have an adder, but then making the adder is another problem. Alot of the time, I cant identify the cause of the problem in what im looking at, it takes me a long time to work even simple things out.

The sim in front of you, doesnt actually tell you whats wrong exactly, you have to diagnose it yourself, and it could be something simple your missing, why the circuit isnt doing what you wanted it to do.

bidrohini

Feb 1, 2023
For me, the main problem was that there was more theory than practical in our curriculum. Even in the labs, experiments were done in groups. As a female where the majority were males, I was kinda cornered. At that time there were not so many online tutorials. It was not easy to buy electronic components either. If everything was as it is now, maybe my journey could be a bit easier.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
For me, the main problem was that there was more theory than practical in our curriculum. Even in the labs, experiments were done in groups. As a female where the majority were males, I was kinda cornered. At that time there were not so many online tutorials. It was not easy to buy electronic components either. If everything was as it is now, maybe my journey could be a bit easier.
If your sorrounded by people that want you to fail, its harder, but u can still make it. I'm not giving up, I feel the same.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,
If your sorrounded by people that want you to fail, its harder, but u can still make it.
We do not want you to fail, but your circuit do not meet the rules of electronics.
That is why they fail. We have pointed you to books and websites where you can learn real electronics.
(as well here in the forum and in PM's)

Bertus