Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Is there a circuit that can energize a coil on 110v, and to keep coil de energized on 220v.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
however I do not have access to this type here,

you are in one of the electronics capitals of the world .... if it isn't available there, it isn't anywhere
and since it is elsewhere ..... ergo ;)

I suggest you just haven't looked hard enough ;)

and again .... the Meanwell brand that @Pyramid referenced is from Taiwan !!
their head office is in Taiwan

Last edited:

Brad Hruska

Jan 26, 2017
you are in one of the electronics capitals of the world .... if it isn't available there, it isn't anywhere
and since it is elsewhere ..... ergo ;)

I suggest you just haven't looked hard enough ;)

and again .... the Meanwell brand that @Pyramid referenced is from Taiwan !!
their head office is in Taiwan

Just because they might make them here, doesn't mean they are available for locals, most 90% of things are made for export, and not for domestic use. I will look again but as I don't speak Mandrin thing are even more difficult.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Just because they might make them here, doesn't mean they are available for locals, most 90% of things are made for export, and not for domestic use. I will look again but as I don't speak Mandrin thing are even more difficult.

why do you make it so hard for yourself and others trying to help you !!

do we all have to do everything for you ??

here is their page to find their distributors ......
http://www.meanwell.com/distributors.aspx

Brad Hruska

Jan 26, 2017
Can you use an AC relay that will only pull in above say 150V. If the relay is a bit too sensitive, then a series resistance could be used.

A diddy DC relay could be used with a suitable supply added. They come in all sizes fromTO5 upwards. It will need to be a fair size to accommodate decent sized contacts.

Duke I have looked for a diddy dc relay on the internet, and find only a diddy rapper, do you have a part number or a better explination of this

Brad Hruska

Jan 26, 2017
Born and raised in the states, but that does not mean that's where I am, I have been an expat for 15 years, and only get back to the states once every 2 years.
BANG <-- that's the bit you ignored.

If it is 85-265V then you don't have to switch it.

I think that attempting to switch the voltage while the power supply is on is dangerous and should be abandoned as an idea.

The testing unit is isolated, I am using a 110v220v inverter that isolates if there is a problem, and this is also plugged in gif socket. so disconnects the mains.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Duke I have looked for a diddy dc relay on the internet, and find only a diddy rapper, do you have a part number or a better explination of this
I get most of my parts to play with from junk sales and old circuit boards, I am not going to look up catalogues for suitable parts.

I would not use a DC relay, it will be slower than the AC relay and needs driver circuitry which will give complication and more delay.

By diddy I mean small, have you seen Ken Dodd and the diddy men?
I am catching you up, not too far behind:)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
That looks good

Brad Hruska

Jan 26, 2017
That looks good

Ok do having that sorted out, what size of ferrite bead will I need for 10amps? To prevent RF interference? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_bead

Or do I even need one, my thought is yes but I'm not sure. The dc power out cable will only be about 24" long. But it will be connecting a computer, a 433mhz transmitter a 1.3GHz a/v receiver, a 2.4GHz transmitter, a lipo battery charger, a 20watt amplifier, a LCD screen and lights. Ergo a great possibility for RF/EMI interference if I am not mistaken. Please advise

Last edited:

Brad Hruska

Jan 26, 2017
I get most of my parts to play with from junk sales and old circuit boards, I am not going to look up catalogues for suitable parts.

I would not use a DC relay, it will be slower than the AC relay and needs driver circuitry which will give complication and more delay.

By diddy I mean small, have you seen Ken Dodd and the diddy men?
I am catching you up, not too far behind:)

Duke the ironic thing is I am married to a Britt, and even she didn't know what you were talking about Diddy she thought you were talking Bo Diddy

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
I think that would be Bo Diddley.

Chris

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Bo Diddy sounds like a rapper :)

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Ha, I wouldn't know. I break out with hives if that crap is within earshot.

Chris