Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Issue with dell P2219H

Bcotton

May 25, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have an issue with my display and im not sure how to narrow it down.
I have a Dell P2219H and there are horizontal lines which look like they are replicating the bottom most pixel every other line for about an inch of screen with a greenish hue. I have the images both with and without imported bellow.

This behaviour repeats approximately every 3 - 4 seconds. on, off, on, off and so on in that cycle.

I have indeed narrowed its down to the display as it happens on all inputs and even over the onscreen menu.

I don't mind opening the monitor to change a bad component but I can't seem to identify the issue or a fix for it online.

Any help is much appriciated
without.jpg with.jpg

Bcotton

May 25, 2022
I have, they only recommend I replace the monitor.

I'm trying to avoid throwing it away as it does work beyond this minor issue.

Keonte45

Aug 29, 2022
It sounds like you are experiencing a hardware issue with your Dell P2219H monitor. The horizontal lines that you are seeing on the screen are likely caused by a faulty component within the display. There are a few different components that could be causing this issue, including the display panel, the inverter board, or the video cable.

To troubleshoot this issue, you could try the following steps:
  1. 1. Disconnect all cables from the back of the monitor and then reconnect them to ensure that they are properly seated.

2. 2. Try a different video cable to see if the issue persists.

3. 3. Try the monitor on a different computer to see if the issue is specific to the monitor or if it is a problem with the computer.

4. 4. If you have access to another monitor, try using that monitor with your computer to see if the issue is with the computer or the monitor.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, it is likely that the issue is with the monitor itself and you may need to have it repaired or replaced. You could try contacting Dell support for further assistance or check if your monitor is still under warranty.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Looks like a scan problem in the monitor itself, doubtful if it's related to any cables etc.
Good knowledge of the workings of the monitor and experience with electronics would be essential to diagnose the failure point.
Cheaper these days to bin it and get a new one.