Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Just worked out how to rid cancer forever...

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Very simple, downside is, if you have cancer, sorry, it's too late for our generation... our not yet born children yes they'll be safe if this idea / thought of mine takes on, i hope it does and as long as some credits me with this "idea" then i'd be happy, i have no other interest except to be credited where credit is due if this idea was to be adopted by out society as a whole..

anyway, to understand what i'm saying think of our genes (DNA etc, not your pants) infact think of them as a pair of pants, genes are pants lol, your genes or trousers or pants whatver.... imagine 2 identical pairs, both of them are a bit used out or warn or damaged, a few holes a small tear.. etc

now your mother owns 1 set and your father the other set, now if both parents spawn a new pair of pants (don't ask me how.....)what happens is you get a brand new pair of pants.. this time all the holes get patched because on the other pair of pants that hole does not exist, so it has a good copy..

So providing the complete thing exists either in the mothers pants it can mix and match to get a complete perfect pair of the end product.. but if there's a rip and a hole located at the same place on both pairs of pants we have a problem, that is then going to be passed to son or daughter...

so if you're family has a history of cancer, then you are at risk if the person you meet also shares that same faulty gene, your children will pass on that gene the cycle is people go to hospital for treatment and costs us millions in tax etc, this goes for a lot of other diseases too..

so here's what i propose..

before you date anyone, get one of these risk value assessments to live threatening diseases. your dna and your family history is all asked, your blood taken dna checked for what we currently know via dna matching, and it turns out you're a carrier or indeed have it.... you get rated say 9, high risk, if your family shows nothing of cancer no history, no records nothing and genes say no risk, you go at 0..

a couple meet up, what number are you? 9? what are you? 0, oh great .. both sets of genes will eliminate passing on cancer or other genetic defect.. 0, 3 (only 1 instance ever) yep no problem..

problem arises at when you're 9 they're 9.... you know full well you're going to pass this condition to a child, they avoid, 2 generations later if this system was adopted, would we not be a healthier more stronger species? not to mention saving billions on health care from less disease only things like AIDS (virus) would exist, but cancer and other defects would eventually be eliminated, something no other species can do, but we could..... think about it carefully :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It doesn't work that way cjdelphi.

Go away and learn about the MHC, and then considerer evolutionary pressure on us and micro-organisms.

If we always got a "perfect" copy of our parents genes unaltered since they got them from their parents, which were unaltered from theirs... then we would eventually (as a species) succumb to some nasty disease.

The other problem is that many cancers result from 2 mutations in some cell (simply speaking, one which tells the cell to ignore the "stop replicating" signal, and another which tells the cell to ignore the "die now" signal). The potential for a mutation like this exists in every cell in the body, no matter how pure and accurate their copy of the DNA.

The fact is that our continued existence (and that of every other life-form that we know) requires that copies of DNA are not always perfect. And it's an amazingly tuned process. There are parts of the genome that mutate far more quickly than others -- these are generally the ones which create variation in the population in a way which leads directly to a higher survival potential. It also leads -- sadly -- to more auto-immune diseases, but that's the price you pay for an immune system that sits on the knife edge of protecting you from things that look like you but aren't but not killing that which is you.

I know this because it's the field in which I work. If you get a solid organ transplant in the future, I may have had a (very small and almost insignificant) hand in helping cheat your immune system into not rejecting it.

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
I do like the idea of a pre-date test. I'm thinking of a date application form with questions on electronic theory, knot tying and song identification. ;)

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Dating a person is also about fun, love and such things. Not mere matching (or in this case not matching) of numbers.

Harald

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Well I do really enjoy his over enthusiastic mind. But after losing both my parents at a young age to the disease, I don't personally believe that cancer can be solved by only letting certain couples mate. It seems completely irrelevant, for me until proven otherwise, genetics may only play a small part in the contraction of the disease.

I guess I will find out somewhere in the future myself. Because my DNA should be primed for it. :(

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I do like the idea of a pre-date test. I'm thinking of a date application form with questions on electronic theory, knot tying and song identification. ;)

hahaha and also including, but not limited to .... fishing, amateur radio, and being a "petrol head" wouldnt hurt ;)

Dave

timothy48342

Nov 28, 2011
Someone at work the other day said something that made me think maybe it wouldn't be so bad for the human race if we did a little weeding if ya know what I mean.

We were talking about how gasoline prices are high and how there is a huge field up in Alaska, and if they drill it then prices will come down some for a while, but their not drilling it for whatever reason. (Ecological balance, conservation, or maybe as a strategic reserve. There's a million reasons, but we wern't really debating that part.)

And the person said... "I don't know why they just don't go ahead and drill it. [the oil] It will just replenish itself anyway. It is made by nature afterall."

I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.

--tim

Dating test question:
Which do you think you are more of? Off or on? If they say, "I'm moron", then no date.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
We were talking about how gasoline prices are high and how there is a huge field up in Alaska, and if they drill it then prices will come down some for a while, but their not drilling it for whatever reason. (Ecological balance, conservation, or maybe as a strategic reserve. There's a million reasons, but we wern't really debating that part.).

ohhh I have the well known answer to that, but I wont post pubically on here... dont wanna start a war ;) PM me Tim

And the person said... "I don't know why they just don't go ahead and drill it. [the oil] It will just replenish itself anyway. It is made by nature afterall."
I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.
--tim
The mind boggles, Huh... they have obviously not though about the millions of years it takes to produce an oil deposit!!

Dating test question:
Which do you think you are more of? Off or on? If they say, "I'm moron", then no date.

haha not bad :)

Dave

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
"I don't know why they just don't go ahead and drill it. [the oil] It will just replenish itself anyway. It is made by nature afterall."

was he wrong? I am not debating whether it makes sense or not.

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
Dont even get me started on the whole alaska oil thing. Here's what I will say though. Its always about the greed and money. Always. Always (did I say always?). Whether agree with the global warming stuff or not, you can always ask whos interests it serves to propagate the information and whos interests it serves to debunk the whole thing. Taken with what you know of human nature, any intelligent person should always come ot the same conclusion.

Heres a thought: has it occured that global warming might actually be in the interests of the oil giants. Think about all that oil under the ice, and about how much more easily accessible it will be if the ice melts. They're already doing it by the way - have a look for yourself for new oil platforms in recently melted regions.