Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Kchibo radio

Chandradas

Jul 19, 2020
I have an old Kcchibo 8108T radio which I had opened recently.The Wire connecting to the negative side of battery got detached from its position on the circuit board.I am not able to solder it to its original place.Please give me a view of the backside wiring if you have one and advise me how to connect it

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
If you have a multimeter, you should be able to find GND (negative) on the board.
You can find GND by looking at capacitor negative terminal in most cases.
Use the mutimeter or continuity tester for continuity at these points and board traces. You can connect the battery negative there (in most cases).

Use a magnifier, you can normally see where the wire broke off by a hole or loose strands on a solder joint.

Martin

Chandradas

Jul 19, 2020
Thank you Martaine for your help.I have soldered the negative wire to a point and the radio is functioning. However, the volume has gone down to half of its original when the wire was not detached.The linear potentiometer(volume controller) is not working though.Again though it has SW,FM,MW band only MW is working .Is there any way the band switch may be corrected?

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Sorry, not sure I understand you correctly.
The volume is half of what is was before the wire broke off?.
Try moving the negative wire to a different point. Better to use a magnifier and find where it was originally.
The switch may need a simple clean. You can spray a contact cleaner in the switch.

Martin