Maker Pro
Maker Pro

For Sale: Keithley 2450 Touch screen source measure unit, dmm, trigger, precision power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta V

Feb 15, 2014
Hello there, I'm offering a brand new and boxed Keithley 2450 SMU with all the accessories that came shipped with the device as listed below:

• Model 2450 Keithley Source Measurement Unit and calibration certificate;
  • USB Cable, Type A to Type B, 1m (3.3ft) - sealed;
  • Safety Interlock Mating Connector - sealed;
  • TSP-Link Cable - sealed;
  • High performance safety clip on test leads with documentation - sealed;
  • American Volex 386a Power cord - unused;
  • Keithley Kickstart software CD - sealed;
  • Interactive SMI product information cd (specifications, related literature, software, safety precautions, online updates) - sealed;
  • Test script builder F01 software suite (support for series 2600, 2600A, 2600B, 2650A, 707B, 708B, 3700, 3700A, and 24GDI products) - sealed;
  • Kickstart startup software quick start guide booklet;
  • Model 2450 quick start guide booklet;
  • Safety standards conformance information booklet;

I have it listed on ebay using a good standing account, but not sure I'm allowed to post up the link. I'm open to offers and would like to see the device go to a private hobbyist rather than corporation, but desperate times call for desperate measures and it's first come first serve. I'm selling as a hobbyist and private individual, due to needing the money as I'm currently a student living abroad.

I can be contacted via PM or through this thread, if you're interested please feel free to make an offer that you feel is reasonable.

Any questions, please let me know - ΔV

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Surely someone is interested in this?

Well, this is the first time I've actually noticed this thread this thread.

Having said that, you have missed a few things in your post:

1) A link to some online resource describing the device (I'll add one if I find one) http://www.keithley.com/products/dcac/currentvoltage/2450smu/?mn=2450

2) Some indication of where you are (presumably US?) and where you're prepared to ship to. [who knows, you could be in Berlin?]

3) An indication of whether this is 110V only or can be switched to other voltages.

4) A very brief statement of what it actually does. [Keithley SourceMeter® SMU Instrument Model 2450 is a four-quadrant flexible IV source and IVR measure solution for DC characterization of electronic components, modules, semiconductor devices, and advanced materials. Using the Touch, Test, Invent™ design philosophy this device seeks to meet today’s emerging trends in test instrumentation use and design. With an intuitive Graphical User Interface with 5-inch touchscreen, icon-based control, and context sensitive help the Model 2450 allows engineers, researchers, and scientists to configure and run tests easily and quickly.]

5) An indication of the price you're after and approximate shipping to wherever you think you're most likely market is. [A new one would cost £3429.00 and far earlier models are being listed on ebay for between $US3000 and $US3500]

I certainly don't feel comfortable just offering you some price if I have no idea what it's worth. Some ballpark figure would be good.

Also, as a new member you can receive PMs but you can't send them yet.

Frankly, what I would have done (and I suspect many members reading this would also have done) is search ebay for this item (it can't be overly common) [I can't see it listed] and dig out most of these points from there.

As the result of further investigations, you are in Germany, and you want over EUR3000, you don't really want to ship overseas and your device does not show up if you search on the US ebay site or a couple of others I tried.

It's a nice piece of kit, but although I'd kill to have one of these in my lab, I couldn't justify anything remotely close to that much on something I might use only very occasionally :-(

Delta V

Feb 15, 2014

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your thorough response, it is much appreciated! I had hoped to link to the ebay listing but was not sure about the rules, so decided to wait to see if anyone reached out to me, under the assumption that people would be familiar with Keithley products.

In answer to the questions that you were not able to answer yourself:

2 - I am indeed in Berlin, I had considered listing the device internationally through ebay, but decided against it for the time being due to the probable import duties that would be incurred and my worry that a buyer may take a risk in the hope of not paying the duty.

I was also concerned over the differences in currencies, I had priced the device competitively but to an Australian the price is extreme, so I am told - although I cannot find the device listed cheaper anywhere else.

3 - According to the device specifications "100 V to 240 V RMS, 50 Hz to 60 Hz (automatically detected at power up)" which is available here www.keithley.de/data?asset=57703.

5 - I am open to offers, go wild if you really have to! I'm currently in the process of moving back to the UK after a failed relationship abroad and I need whatever money I can get. That being said, I am not a greedy person and would like the SMU to go to a deserving home, I would like to be able to keep it but my luck wont allow it :p

Over the coming two weeks I shall be reducing the ebay price by 10% each time until it is sold. I know what it is worth to a retailer, and what it's worth to a wholesaler, but the question is, what is it worth to the reader?

If you would like to find this on ebay you will have to search using international listings, unless you are in Europe in which case search within the EU. I am willing to send it any where but please remember that you will probably have to pay import duty into your country, I am happy to mark the parcel as a gift but if your customs people are anything like they are in Germany then you will have to pay duty where duty is due.

Thanks again Steve, I appreciate the help and time you have given, and apologies again for my vague OP.

ΔV

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your thorough response, it is much appreciated! I had hoped to link to the ebay listing but was not sure about the rules, so decided to wait to see if anyone reached out to me, under the assumption that people would be familiar with Keithley products.

Yes, you were wise not to link to the eBay auction -- we might have deleted the post as spam. As it was you mentioned ebay in a way that got past my spam filter unchallenged :D

3 - According to the device specifications "100 V to 240 V RMS, 50 Hz to 60 Hz (automatically detected at power up)" which is available here www.keithley.de/data?asset=57703.

That's great to know :)

Thanks again Steve, I appreciate the help and time you have given, and apologies again for my vague OP.

I convinced myself that this is indeed a personal sale and I wish you the best of luck.

I'm sure there are lots of people here who would look at that piece of equipment with green eyes of envy. Having said that (and with my green eyes aglow) I simply couldn't offer you something that wouldn't both offend you and embarrass myself.

Frankly, if I saw something like this at an auction locally (I wish!) I would probably put a token bid on it (three digits) and be very unsurprised that I was outbid by many times my budget.

To anyone else reading this, this device would be absolutely great to determine VI characteristics of components (typically semiconductors). I think if anyone has a dream list of equipment for their workbench, this should appear on it. And Keithley is a *VERY* good brand.

Best of luck

Delta V

Feb 15, 2014

If no one has made me an offer by around the 17/18th March then I will probably resort to an international auction and hope for the best, so it might be worth you keeping an eye on what happens as you never know, you might be the winning bidder :)

It's a fantastic bit of kit and has had good reviews from what I have seen; it is probably a little over priced in the shops due to being a relatively new release but I can guarantee a better price than anywhere else online.

Here's a youtube video giving a quick description of the Keithley 2450

As I said before, if anyone is interested please get in contact, offer me whatever you like as I might be desperate enough to accept ;)

Thanks again Steve, I very much appreciate your support! :D

ΔV

Delta V

Feb 15, 2014
I've dropped the price by 20% and still accepting offers! Search ebay for item number 111282573707

Cheers

ΔV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.