Maker Pro
Maker Pro

laptop sound issue

ayeshakhan3

May 21, 2024
I have an HP Pavilion 15 cx0118tx 4PC69PA Gaming Laptop, but it's having distorted Sound & even at maximum volume, the sound is very muffled. Should I give it for repair, change the sound card, or add an extra one? What can I do?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I have an HP Pavilion 15 cx0118tx 4PC69PA Gaming Laptop, but it's having distorted Sound & even at maximum volume, the sound is very muffled. Should I give it for repair, change the sound card, or add an extra one? What can I do?

have you used an extension speaker to determine if it's the sound circuitry or the built in speaker that's faulty ??

Generally, laptops dont have separate sound cards, the sound circuitry is an integral part of the motherboard
like most desktop PCs are these days

ayeshakhan3

May 21, 2024
have you used an extension speaker to determine if it's the sound circuitry or the built in speaker that's faulty ??

Generally, laptops dont have separate sound cards, the sound circuitry is an integral part of the motherboard
like most desktop PCs are these days
no I have not tested yet, so u mean to say that first I need to check with an external speaker to determine if the issue is with the sound circuitry or the built-in speaker right ?!

pmhack

May 18, 2024
what it means?
i mean that you might have just broke the speaker by playing a loud sound, if that's the case, you just have to change the speakers on your laptop

no I have not tested yet, so u mean to say that first I need to check with an external speaker to determine if the issue is with the sound circuitry or the built-in speaker right ?!
I don't think it will be too helpful, because the built-in speaker might be using a different sound card than the one that's on the 3.5mm audio jack (like my laptop).
btw the usb and bluetooth speakers have their own sound cards, so they're practically useless when testing your speaker's sound card (or sound chip, hifi chip etc.)

though any one of these parts breaking might be the cause of those problems1716460500673.png

Maybe you can try reinstalling hp audio boost or B&O play if you're sure the hardware's good.