Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Laptop won’t turn on, short circuit?

Kurt1580

Apr 14, 2018
Hey, I created this account to post a problem. I’m new here and will probably just post this. So I accidentally plugged my headphones cable thing into the hole where my old wired keyboard plugged (now I have a new one that’s wireless). Problem is when I did that, my laptop instantly turned off, now I cant turn it on. I called a friend to see if he can help and he said it was short circuit. Idk what that is because I don’t know a lot about technology. Please help me solve the problem, thnx

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hey, I created this account to post a problem. I’m new here and will probably just post this. So I accidentally plugged my headphones cable thing into the hole where my old wired keyboard plugged (now I have a new one that’s wireless). Problem is when I did that, my laptop instantly turned off, now I cant turn it on. I called a friend to see if he can help and he said it was short circuit. Idk what that is because I don’t know a lot about technology. Please help me solve the problem, thnx

hi
welcome

well really hard to diagnose since you have given us absolutely no info on this device

make and model, photos of the socket etc

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
Maybe he has headphones with DIN plugs. And plugged it into a (very very) old motherboard Mouse connector...

If I recall correctly, those old boards would not turn on without a keyboard connected....
And the Keyboard wont come on because the power feed blew thanks to the phones.....