Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Laser fence?

cyberwasp

Feb 26, 2013
Am not sure I'm in the right place but here goes. I'm trying to find a place I can order the equipment to set up a simple but effective laser fence.

I'd rather buy it, "laser and receiver," already assembled to protect a screened in porch from intrusion, and than place small mirrors to reflect the beam to cover areas. I no longer have the patience to assemble the devices myself hence the premade request. TIA

BlinkingLeds

Feb 23, 2013
An already assembled unit will probably cost you a small fortune.
If you have any skill in electronics you could make one yourself easily with small laser diodes (preferably infra red so no one sees the beams) which cost about 3$ each, some sort of receivers like phototransistors (or whatever) and a circuit that will engage a siren when some beam gets interrupted I will leave that to the professionals.

estimated cost under 50$

cyberwasp

Feb 26, 2013
Sorry it's been so long but I did get the job done after a bit of research. Infra read was the way to go. I have the whole apartment surrounded using small prisms along with 4 wireless cameras to capture whatever triggers it. Working on an interface now for a text alert using an old prepaid phone. Thanks everyone.