Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Laser Pocket Digital CTV - HD Channels cant be viewed in any form

Technomaniac

Oct 31, 2020
Hi. I was looking around for a tiny battery tv and came upon a Laser DVBMT43 4.3 inch, online, which appeared to fill the bill. It was open to offers and I was successful. When it arrived, just like a new one. I knew it had been stored, allegedly never used, so I expected the claimed 3 hr. battery life on tuner to be diminished, but I didn't expect to have channels missing. A while after we went digital here, we then went HD. When scrolling through the channel list on most tvs then, we could see a HD channel followed by the standard version of the same channel. As none of my tvs are HD, the HD channel appeared identical to the LD version, except the audio on one was behind that on the other, and it became tedious when channel surfing, to have two of everything. But what I didn't notice was that some of the channels have at some time, dropped their low definition programs.
So now, with my new second-hand Laser pocket portable, I see "H264 Service Not Support" on quite a lot of them, and I can't see those channels in ANY FORM !
The little set has a slot for an SD card, which opens up the possibility of a firmware upgrade, but when I hop on their website they deny the existence of the model, and contacting them is not possible, so it seems. Looking around online, I've seen 3inch or so sets still being sold, but on their website there is no mention whatever of a pocket portable TV of ANY size.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Laser Pocket Digital TV DVBT-MT43 with 4.3" LCD Touch Screen & Multimedia Playback
View All Reviews
Description
Bigger and better the MT43 portable digital TV boasts a large 4.3" TFT touch screen LCD and combines a built in long life lithium ion battery.

Capable of recording TV shows to an SD card, the MT43 can also be used to listen to music.

Easy to use and quick to setup you can take the MT43 anywhere and within a few minutes you can be watching local digital TV stations, this includes overseas for those countries which support the DVB-T standard (which is most countries).

Access new Digital channels such as ABC2, ABC3, SBS ONE, SBS TWO, 7 TWO, GO, ONE, 11 (Early 2011) and TVS (pending the reception in your area of course).

Features
  • 4.3” Handheld DVB-T TV
  • Touch-screen Operation with Fully Integrated Software
  • Real-time TV Recording & Playback Capabilities
  • MP3 Music Playback Function via SD / SDHC Card
  • Support Auto Channel Scanning, EPG, Teletext, Subtitle, and Aspect Ratio Adjustment
  • Built-in Rechargeable Battery, up to 3 Hours Battery Time
  • Recorded TV Is Saved to .TS Format Only. MP3 Files Are Also Supported.
  • Standard Definition Reception Only
  • Compatible Broadcasting Areas of MPEG-2 DVB-T (SD) Are:
    Asia: Indonesia, Vietnum, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan
    Europe: UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Holand, Belgium