Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Laser Tag Gun - Short burst circuit

_Nate_

Jun 12, 2017
Hello! So recently I've been designing laser tag guns, but I am a little confused on the circuit. I need a simple circuit that allows one trigger pull/switch press to flash the laser diode for just a split second to prevent players from holding down the trigger. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

_Nate_

Jun 12, 2017
Edit: I'm trying to design a switch that automatically shuts off when it turns on so it's just a burst. If anyone has ideas, that would be appreciated.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Information?

you said you have "been designing" so we have to assume you have made a decent start ?

have you got a circuit ? or were you expecting some one here to do it all for you ?

_Nate_

Jun 12, 2017
you said you have "been designing" so we have to assume you have made a decent start ?

have you got a circuit ? or were you expecting some one here to do it all for you ?
I designed the gun models (as in 3D plastic cases) and gathered materials.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Power source
Voltage
Available current
Current needed by the load
Physical size available
Quantity

A mechanical switch that makes contact for only a brief period of time when its button is pushed and held down is possible, but the E in EP stands for electronics. A circuit that takes a momentary or stationary input switch button press) and turns it into an electrical signal (pulse) of a consistent, fixed time period (pulse width) is called a monostable multivibrator, or just monostable for short.

If you are sure that the switch press *always* will be longer than the desired output pulse, the circuit gets pretty simple, a differentiator plus an output driver.

If the input might be longer or shorter than the output, then you need a true monostable, something that has feedback and control gating. Again, simple circuits, but dependent on the details.

ak