Maker Pro
Maker Pro

laster and LED ligth for meter saw

Kulkiet

Jul 16, 2022
Hi
so my question is ,im tryign to add DC powered laser line for meter saw and led as well
is there any module i can purchase that turn 120v ac into voltage required to power up laser and LED on same circuit
i got power supply 6v i have to plug separately and then run wires etc etc .is 6V too much for it ?
is there any module i could plug into meter saw after switch and then run low voltage directly to laser and LED

whats voltage for laser ?3.6 V 5V ? and whats standard voltage for LED diode ,cant find any info

diode has plug at end of wires, laser has EL socket ,i do know i can install different plugs/sockets on wires.any USB power plug or power bank to power devices
where is good place to purchase it online or locally in chicago

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
whats voltage for laser ?3.6 V 5V ? and whats standard voltage for LED diode ,cant find any info
I don’t think you looked very hard!.

i got power supply 6v i have to plug separately and then run wires etc etc .is 6V too much for it ?
You tell us. We have no idea what you have in front of you. It obviously works on 6V as you are using it.

I would simply take a part a 240V to 5V USB adapter.

BTW, I think you mean a mitre saw?

Martin

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Lasers generally use a constant current source - the cheap penlight lasers are often powered using silver-oxide batteries using their own internal resistance as a current limiting factor.

Purely for the sake of safety (yours) I'd recommend you use a simple 'keyring' laser and mount it accordingly. The 'inconvenience' of turning it on/off when needed overcomes the difficulties and potential dangers of adapting one to be used directly on AC voltages.