Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Latching switch to momentary switch

k4thv4d1

Apr 12, 2022
Hello Fellows,
Wonder if I could get some advise on this little project. I have this small 433mhz transmitter circuit, got it from aliexpress which transmits data when connecting to battery momentary. If it has constant voltage it keeps transmitting data every second or so.
Is it possible to convert this so when I connect the supply (permanent) it transmits data only once, and when I disconnect the supply it transmits the data once. Effectively like connecting this transmitter to a Latching switch (normal light switch) where swith-on will transmit only once, and switch-off will transmit only once ?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am not from the electronics field, but would like to know options if it's possible !
Many thanks :)

crutschow

May 7, 2021
If the circuit transmits whenever there is power, then we need a circuit diagram to understand how to make it transmit only once.

k4thv4d1

Apr 12, 2022
Hi crutschow, thank you for your reply. I dont' have / can't find actual circuit diagram, but attached is picture if it helps at all ?

view

Attachments

• transmitter.jpg
    transmitter.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 5

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Hi crutschow, thank you for your reply. I dont' have / can't find actual circuit diagram, but attached is picture if it helps at all ?

view

To save everyone having to search all over to try to find what you have there, can you provide a link to the unit in question where you bought it exactly.
BTW...first photo didn't work.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Ok....well, it looks like just a standard transmitter and separate receiver on 433mhz..... but this thing you claim about it transmitting every second or so seems hogwash to me.
Simply operates a relay under conditions as below.

There does appear in the instruction down in the "description" some form of adjustment possible but I don't see any "learning button" on the transmitter

momentary ie...transmits when (if present) button is pressed and stops when button released

or...toggle ..... ie on when pressed and off when pressed again

or ...latched ...button A on ....button B off

I cannot decipher Chinglish ....sorry.

Perhaps look around on Youtube etc. for info on "how to do".

Just did a quick chase around and it seems they may have added instructions in your link that simply do not apply to your unit.....makes life confusing to say the least.
What will make your approach easier is to look for one of the remote switch units that already have this "toggle...latch.....momentary" already accessible in the units.
They are out there as I've used them myself previously and one can easily program them via jumpers to do what you require.

Such as this........ https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003203600280.html

Last edited:

k4thv4d1

Apr 12, 2022
hi Bluejets, appreciate your effort, thank you for that, but perhaps my query is not clear enough in the first post. I can surely make use of this transmitter and receiver as they are supplied and receiver can be configured to three modes, also know how to do it, that's not a problem.
My question is the Transmitter side.. if you can see it accepts VCC and GND. The way it works at the moment is you connect battery to this terminals then it transmits the data, you disconnect the battery it transmitts data again.. more like you have to have momentary pushbutton switch on these terminals for momentary action and happy days. But if I keep the battery connected to these terminals, it keeps transmitting data every second or so. Would like to know if it's possible so when I connect the battery it transmits signal ONCE, and then it stops even while the battery is connected... and obviously when battery is disconnected it would transmit signal again. Effectly connecting this transmitter to LATCHING switch but still could work as momentary ? I hope this makes bit more sence ?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
The way it works at the moment is you connect battery to this terminals then it transmits the data, you disconnect the battery it transmitts data again.. more like you have to have momentary pushbutton switch on these terminals for momentary action and happy days.

Could be wrong but don't see things working like that at all.
For one thing, it doesn't transmit any data, it's simply a transmission signal the receiver recognises and operates a relay.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I can surely make use of this transmitter and receiver as they are supplied and receiver can be configured to three modes, also know how to do it, that's not a problem.

Want to share that bit of a national secret......... ???

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
The way it works at the moment is you connect battery to this terminals then it transmits the data, you disconnect the battery it transmitts data again..

Are you sure about this..??? where did you get that info..?? didn't see that in your link anywhere.
I'd sure like to know how it transmits without any power.