Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LCD Screen won't display anything anymore on 400W LED Strobe Light

Nate-00

Aug 5, 2016
Hi all,

I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me.

I purchased a 400 Watt LED Strobe Light over a month ago and have had nothing but trouble.
Within the first 2 minutes of using the light, the DMX menu froze up as I was trying to select a DMX runmode so I could control the strobe light with my lighting controller. After waiting a couple of minutes for the menu to un-freeze, I decided to turn the light off. I let the light sit for a couple more minutes before turning it back on again, only to find that the DMX LCD screen is now not displaying anything. The LCD will light up, but nothing will display.

I contacted the seller about the problem and the seller was very helpful with sending me a brand new main board and LCD to replace. Unfortunately once I received the parts and replaced the old parts, this did not fix my problem and the LCD was still failing to display anything. The seller was then kind enough to send me out a brand new strobe light, as we were under the assumption that there was an unknown fault in the light.

In the meantime I had purchased a lighting controller that was designed for the exact strobe light I had purchased, hoping that this would make it easy to set up with little trouble.

Once I received the brand new strobe light, it powered on nicely and the menu displayed correctly on the LCD. I began going through the runmodes and tested that the light worked in sound-active mode and auto mode. The light responded and seemed to be working fine, until the menu froze up again. This time I left the light for about 10 minutes before powering it off, hoping that everything would be working when I turned the light back on. Unfortunately the exact same thing happened. I powered the light back on only to find that the LCD screen is now not displaying the menu. I now have 2 LED strobe lights both with the same issue and can't figure out how to fix it. The issue seems like it's a chip programming issue. There's an AVR upload plug on the bag of the light, but I wouldn't know the first thing about it.

Has anyone purchased this light before and experienced this issue? Does anyone know a possible fix for this without having to spend extra money by shipping the light off to be fixed? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Please see the images of the strobe light I am having issues with.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• HTB1SwKoKFXXXXbDXVXXq6xXFXXXI.jpg
    HTB1SwKoKFXXXXbDXVXXq6xXFXXXI.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 94
  • other_2001292845_00.JPG
    other_2001292845_00.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Sunnysky

Jul 15, 2016
I hope it had a working fan during operation and they have a service centre.

Nate-00

Aug 5, 2016
I hope it had a working fan during operation and they have a service centre.
Hi Sunnysky,
Yes the fan was definitely working and the fans still work in both lights. Everything seems to work fine, it's just the LCD displays that don't display the menu. I've only been given the option of a refund, but I have to return both lights and pay the shipping costs, which end up being over half the price of the light.

Nate-00

Aug 5, 2016
was it ever used outdoors in humid or wet conditons?

seems like a poor warranty.
alibaba order?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60471066267.html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.r4Mnuk
The light was never used for any event. It had only just been taken out of the box and turned on within the first few minutes of receiving it. I was trying to set the menu settings to controller mode when the light froze up. The link you have added appears to be the same light but it isn't where I purchased it from. Thanks