Maker Pro
Maker Pro

learning about multimeters

genec

Jul 26, 2015
hello all!!
so i bought my first multimeter and it's pretty cool its the mastech MS8268 but there's so many modes i can choose from it gets confusing, i was wondering if there was a book or online tutorial on what each one does and how it's aplayed, also i was wondering if i should switch out the leads for a different set because these have just the points for metel contact. Sorry for the long post i'm just Eagar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hello
The points or probes are quite normal for multi meters. You have to be careful swapping leads, the ones that come with the meter are usually calibrated for the meter. If the meter has a zero function then you may be ok to use other leads. Although for general use using another set of leads with crocodile lead may be fine.

The user manual should explain all the functions of the meter. If you have any specific questions about a particular measurement then please ask. You could try YouTube for some videos on how to use the meter, but there might not be any.

Adam

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Greetings :)

good looking meter

the user manual you got with the meter will tell you all about the different modes and how to use them
including when you need to move the probe plugs to different sockets on the meter

have a good read of the manual and come back with any specific questions on anything you don't understand :)