Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED Light Flicker Load Correction Device

Skellem

Feb 26, 2022
Gday Members,
I have a problem of LED lamps staying dimly lit when the lighting controller channel is turned off on the dimmer circuit.
Although not a fan of Clipsal CBus,... and stopping short of rewiring my house to get rid of it, I'm stuck with it so moving past that, I would appreciate some help in designing a circuit to force LED lights off.
A commercially manufactured device is available:
https://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalOnline/Files/Brochures/W0001620.pdf
This device becomes rather expensive when having to purchase quite a few of these gadgets. (one for each light circuit).
Does anyone have a circuit design they can suggest that I can build to make a similar device that is then wired in parallel with the light.
Thanks in advance for any assistance

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I had the same problem as do many others. I tried several different ways. I got lucky in my living room by adding a neon indicator lamp and hiding it under the fitting. In multi-light fittings, replace one LED bulb with an incandescent bulb. Although this works fine, it’s not the point.
I’ve heard that a snubber circuit (one resistor and one capacitor) may also help.
I’d be inclined to buy one of the units you linked to and open it. It will only be a load of some guise. Then make your own.

Martin

Skellem

Feb 26, 2022
Hi Martin,
Yeah, I already did insert an incandescent globe into the track light fitting. It works however it doesn't have the same wavelength as the LEDs so it looks crappy. I'd buy one of those snubber modules, but I have quite a few light circuits ie. each channel would require one and then it gets ridiculously expensive. I might be able to get away with just an R-C circuit, but I think those snubber modules have a bit more too them than just that and wondering if someone had a design.
Graham