Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Woo-Woo LED Magnetic Lighting: Is it for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgbilly

Jun 5, 2019
I see multitudes of videos showing various ways to power an LED, Florescent and even Incandescent light bulbs on Youtube. Most generally using 2 magnets with multiple copper wire wraps around some kind of spacer in between, then directly connected to the bulbs. But from what I can gather from Faraday's Law, a Magnet or a Coil must be moving to continuously produce electricity. Are these video's for real, or what? I'd like to build one for a porch light, but have my doubts the videos are telling the whole truth. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Imho this is "voodoo science" at best, most likely faked.
rom what I can gather from Faraday's Law, a Magnet or a Coil must be moving to continuously produce electricity.
Right you are.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
If it did work, the magnet would run out eventually, just like a battery, a wood fire, a spinning flywheel, a reservoir feeding a dam in a drought, or the weights or springs that power a clock.

Bob

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
I found those vids on YouTube. I expected to find I've seen lots of fake perpetual motion and "free energy" vids, but apparently variations of winding copper wire around a stationary magnet is now the latest "free energy" craze. I can see a couple of ways off the top of my head to fake that, but I didn't leave any comments. The more comments and argument those vids generate, the more advertisers they can attract, and the more snake oil salesmen jump on the band wagon.

I sometimes wonder if their covert sponsors are ring magnet and glue gun manufacturers.

Maybe next week I'll make a vid about how you can generate electricity by sticking a coil of wire into a wood fire, to recharge your Iphone at your campsite. And I'd bet money some people would try it.

No wonder Scientologists and Flat Earthers are still around.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
I didn't even have to think about how these were faked.

Bob

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
These videos are not fakes. They are real videos. I live in a block of flats, everyone else pays for electricity. Mine is free. I have my magnet with 145 turns of 0.02mm copper wire winding and get 240v. I have this inside my microwave to heat the core and generate 32 amps. Of course, I need to plug the microwave into itself to generate enough power to heat the core. But it REALLY works. Occasionally, I need to bring out the big guns. My 4”x5” solar panel. It charges my consumer unit, even in the dark!.
I cook a hole roast dinner on a Sunday , shower every day, cook every night, charge all my items, have the lights and TV on, EDF pay me!.
I cannot recommend a magnet and wire enough. Try it, you will be surprised.

Martin

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Actually dozens. Just type in Magnet LED Light.
1:
(This one is pretty convincing)

2:

#1) cannot work as there is not relative movement between the coils and the magnets, hence no voltage generated

#2 same reason as #1

I bet the light globes are hacked and all that is occurring is the coil of wire is closing a circuit with the LED and an internal battery

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I've seen lots of fake perpetual motion and "free energy" vids
It is unnecessayr to include the term "fake" in this sentence. It implies there are non-fake videos of that type. There aren't. "free energy" and "perpetual motion" is a physical impossibility.

One used to be able to power a small incandecant lamp from a parallel circuit of coil and capacitor. That doesn't mean there was free energy. The circuit simply tapped the radio frequency energy from a (nearby) radio transmitter when tuned to the right frequency. So the energy isn't "free", it is supplied through very ineffective means by a big power consuming radio station.

I think I'll move this thread to the woowoo section aka twilight zone.
@mcgbilly : no bad feeling, please. I recognize that you are not proposing woowoo science here. On the contrary, you're asking the right questions. But with regard to the contents of the discussion the zwilight zone is a better place for this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.