Maker Pro
Maker Pro

led supplier

mahone

Dec 21, 2013
Can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap online supplier of blue LEDs for uk delivery?

I am buying in quantities of 500-1000

Many thanks
Alex

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
What type of blue LED (power, packaging, actual colour)?

What quality do you want?

1000 LEDs (especially if they're low power LEDs) is still a small purchase.

If you're not concerned about the actual colour, quality or the matching between LEDs, and especially if you're not too concerned about their lifetime, there are a plethora of sites (ebay, aliexpress, ledshoppe, and many more)

On the other hand, if you're after something That might even have a datasheet, try mouser, digikey, element14, RS)

You don't mention where you are (for all I know, you might be in Europe), so I didn't bother much about the currency. There are a lot of places.

Sorry if this wasn't much help, you were a bit light-on on details.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I cant figure out why people dont read posts before posting :rolleyes:
LOL

Dave

mahone

Dec 21, 2013
I'm in the uk, packaging does not matter, but let's say 5mm round standard. eBay I have used in the past, but the delivery times are way too long. I am looking for the name or a link to a direct supplier.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Use RS or Element14, both have UK distribution from my understanding and you should be able to obtain any form of freight up to next day should you desire.

Alternatively, other cheaper sellers(eBay etc) may have faster freight options.

You could always try the manufacturers (see here for a list of big ones) but I doubt they'll talk to you for such piddlingly small quantities. If you want millions per month, they might be an option.