Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LEDs Probably the easiest question all year,but help please.

crop_circlemaker

Mar 29, 2014
Sorry to ask such an easy noob question but I have absolutely no experience with electronics. Here goes, and apologies if I make any errors. I am in the process of wiring both 3 permanently lit 10mm LEDs with a 16A red rocker switch and on a separate circuit 6 x 10mm LEDs which are turned on using a push button non lighting switch. I have -although not sure if appropriate- 2 x power terminals, one which takes a 9v battery and one which takes 4 x AA batteries. I will be connecting in series. Now heres the easy part for you lot, and a question I am shamed to be asking, can someone in easy terms - ie ones your gran could follow with ease - tell me exactly what needs to go where in the circuits. I have a bag of mixed resistors and I believe the LEDs to be each be 2.5v. Thanks really appreciate it

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Welcome to the forum.
It is a good idea to state your location in case you wish to work with mains voltage or buy components.

There is a tutorial up top which deals with driving leds. Two 2.5V leds with a series resistor will be as much as can be managed from 6V. You could run three on 9V.
You may wish to keep the current low to save battery.

crop_circlemaker

Mar 29, 2014
many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm not wishing to work with mains voltage, its component buying all the way. I'll check the tutorial and if I get stuck I'll be back.