Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Leswing car

Integrator741

Jun 16, 2013

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
My guess is they would not be allowed to run around willy nilly in public places.
As for the road network, same as above.
Private areas, perhaps but insurance would surely be the killer in this day and age of getting sued for just about everything outside of the norm.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
This may be a costly venture for you. As Bluejets mentioned, insurance will be a requirement. As will weavers that waive your liability for any minor or major injury up to and including death.
Take a look at those things and tell me what would happen if you rented one out, and one of your customers took it to an incline...
Additionally, I would be incredibly surprised if they are even allowed to be on public roads, so that severely limits the amount of possible area you can actually drive these things in.

Best of luck if you want to pursue this, I would not touch it with a 10 foot plastic pole.

Integrator741

Jun 16, 2013
So is there any specific law (for example in UK or USA) that I should specifically adhere to?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
So is there any specific law (for example in UK or USA) that I should specifically adhere to?

You would have to make enquiries to your local police/traffic enforcement agencies
no one here could speak on their behalf

Dave

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
When it comes to legal matters, you should always do your own research. Relying on internet residents can get you into some pretty serious trouble.
First thing you need to do, is figure out how those things are classified. (ie... if they are classified as a motor vehicle or not)
Consult a lawyer to draft a liability waiver, and to discuss the limitations of local law.
From here, you should already have the info you need to determine where you can travel.
If it's still desirable to you then you can pursue it, but you may need to make modifications and alterations to the vehicle to comply to local law and regulations. (You may need to get them inspected)
Make sure you get your facts in writing!

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
Those look like great fun, but I would be amazed if they are allowed in public spaces in the UK. Any vehicle has to pass an MOT and must be registered to be allowed on public roads. This means some minimum requirements like minimum braking force, head/tail/brake lights and direction indicators. As 2 people can sit next to each other, it quite large and would not be allowed on sidewalks. This leaves amusement parks or entertainment areas. Insurance will be costly without some sort of safety certificate. It might be used as a golf buggy.