Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LG Flatron W2241S

Letifer

Oct 24, 2016
Hello, I'm trying to repair my monitor but I know little to nothing about electronics, would really appreciate your help with this. This monitor wont turn on normally, sometimes it will work by connecting and disconnecting the cord from the power.

I have replaced all the capacitors circled in red (still has the same problem), should I replace the ones circled in blue? and the one in green?

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• replaced caps2.jpg
    replaced caps2.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 147

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Letifer . . . . .

If that is an actual photo of your unit . . .it looks like the far left 3 RED circled units were real losers.
In the interim, before acting on the BLUES, what is the DC voltage reading across the main GREEN marked capacitor, when powered up ?

By the look on your cat's face . . .it looks like you either got it fixed on the last power up ! . . . . .OR . . . . .it go KA-BOOOOOOOOM !

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

Letifer

Oct 24, 2016
Sir Letifer . . . . .

If that is an actual photo of your unit . . .it looks like the far left 3 RED circled units were real losers.
In the interim, before acting on the BLUES, what is the DC voltage reading across the main GREEN marked capacitor, when powered up ?

By the look on your cat's face . . .it looks like you either got it fixed on the last power up ! . . . . .OR . . . . .it go KA-BOOOOOOOOM !

73's de Edd

As I said I have little to no electronic knowledge, the reading I get on my pre historic tool is around 400V (it doesn't show the exact value)

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
" my pre historic tool" . . . . .
Give us its brand and model so that we can then evaluate its capabilities and limitations..
Do you have a battery powered pocket sized, transistorized AM radio . . . .or possibly a bit larger sized one . . .on up to a typical . . . .say . . .8 by 16 CM .
That given reading IS now telling us that all is well in the circuitry leading up to the basic first power supply section..

Letifer

Oct 24, 2016
here is a picture of my tool, and a new picture with all the replaced caps (marked in red), I think they where good but just to be safe I changed them.

When I connect and disconnect the cable from the power it sometimes works, it is working now, the caps are all good that can't be the problem. This monitor works with a simple power cord like the one on PC.

Attachments

• all new caps.jpg
    all new caps.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 96
  • tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Letifer . . . . .

I'm afraid that " instrumentation " is but one technological step up from a test light, given its far spread out blocks of coverage. . . .BUT . . . we do now know that you have a main DC power presence.
Can you get the loan of a friends DVM.?
Would you rate your soldering quality on the electrolytics replacements as SUPERB . . .or . . .MAGNIFICENT .

Repeat:
Do you have a battery powered pocket sized, transistorized AM radio . . . .or possibly a bit larger sized one . . .on up to a typical . . . .say . . .8 by 16 CM . . . .e.g no big boom boxes, as it has to be placed down into a cramped quarters.

73's de Edd

Letifer

Oct 24, 2016
Sir Letifer . . . . .

I'm afraid that " instrumentation " is but one technological step up from a test light, given its far spread out blocks of coverage. . . .BUT . . . we do now know that you have a main DC power presence.
Can you get the loan of a friends DVM.?
Would you rate your soldering quality on the electrolytics replacements as SUPERB . . .or . . .MAGNIFICENT .

Repeat:
Do you have a battery powered pocket sized, transistorized AM radio . . . .or possibly a bit larger sized one . . .on up to a typical . . . .say . . .8 by 16 CM . . . .e.g no big boom boxes, as it has to be placed down into a cramped quarters.

73's de Edd

Hehehe Edd I'm not an expert at soldering but I have checked all the soldering and it looks ok, would the monitor even turn on if the capacitors weren't properly soldered?

Can you provide a link for the stuff ill need for you to be able to help me out? English isn't my main language, ill try to get everything needed.

Thanks for your patience helping out a clueless cat lol

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Come on Letifer...dig out that old radio like 73's de Edd says....I'm curious what he is about to suggest here.
Always like to learn something new. :)

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
Yeah, me too. My guess is he wants too use it supply a specific DC voltage to test some component. Apologies for the OT