Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: linear actuator 12/24V 6-7" extension 30-50lbs,fast 10mm/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSH MC DONALD

Dec 7, 2017
I need a linear actuator and controller kit where the actuator speed can be controlled, the length extended controlled (optional)
and has a function where when it reaches the top and bottom limits it reverses. So more of an adjustable pump action where I can adjust speed and length of stroke which automatically reverses until shut off.

If anyone knows a kit that is out there, the controller kit and the actuator I would be very grateful. I have the application just don't know enough to make my own controller. Please offer recommendations for the controller and actuator.

Thank you so much.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
I suspect you are going to need some degree of customization, a off the shelf solution may be hard to come by.!
M..

Fish4Fun

So long, and Thanks for all the Fish!
Aug 27, 2013
Hey Josh!

You may need to offer a few, more salient, details :) Linear Actuators are readily available in a wide range of sizes, speeds, powers, resolutions, and OF COURSE prices, LoL. One that will push a pallet of bricks 25ft in 10 seconds with an accuracy of +/- 0.0005 inches is going to cost a lot more than one that needs to move a microscope slide 0.25 inches in 30 seconds with an accuracy of +/- 0.010 inches. I am certain you have an application in mind....you should either disclose what that application is, OR you need to define all of the relevant characteristics ... length of travel, maximum speed of travel, minimum acceleration, typical load: mass, volume, area, minimum acceptable accuracy, any rigidity requirements, etc, etc.

Even with all of the above details, finding a solution that will "work" can be VERY different than finding a solution that is economically viable for a particular purpose. A Trash Compactor and a Garage Door Opener are two examples of "linear actuators" readily recognizable to most consumers and can be relatively cheap; however, neither has much use for anything except what it was designed for, nor are you likely to save any money attempting to build one yourself .... So, without knowing what you have in mind, there isn't much help anyone can offer.

Fish

Rb pana chair

Jan 3, 2018
I have two linear screws from a panasonic massage chair for foot raise and back recline. Would those work?

Status
Not open for further replies.