Maker Pro
Maker Pro

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
I have been on the forum for two or three years without problems.

Now I have to log in each time I arrive and if I start to post a reply and then go to look up some data, the first part of the post has disapeared and I have to log in again.

If I do not log in, I get several advertisments interleaved in the posts.

How can I get back to the original condition?

Thank you,
Duke

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I don't think this is a problem of the forum SW as it works fine for me.
Have you made any changes to your PC recently (new browser, antivirus tool, any addons new or changed)?

On my windows XP computer the IE remembers the logon cookie automatically. On my Win 7 computer IE automatically deletes any cookies when closing the IE. This is a change in default behaviour of IE. I'm sure you can manually override this (I just haven't bothered to do so).

Also note that when you log in there is a checkbox right next to the login button. It helps checking that box.

Harald

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Hi Duke,

I'm not sure why the forums aren't keeping you logged in, but I agree with all of Harald's suggestions and hopefully it's something as simple as a cookie problem.

Have you ticked the little box to the left of the login button? This should keep you logged in.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Ticking the little box seemed to have sorted it.
Thank you for your help.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
If the problem persist, go and dump/delete all the cookies for the forum, sometimes they get corrupt due to an interrupted connection and it can cause all sorts of issues...