Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Logitech z506 5.1 speakers - "Keeps turning off"

mss90

Jun 30, 2017
Greetings people at electronicspoint

This is my first post on this forum, the reason being that I have a set of logitech z506 5.1 speakers (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/surround-sound-speaker-z506) that works fine for about 2h of constant playback but at around ther 2h mark, the sound cut out completely. In order to get them to work again I need to turn em off wait for about 3s then turn them back on again. What might help the diagnosis is that if I try turn them back on after 2s then they still dont work, also it is worth mentioning that the LED is still on after the sound cuts out, suggesting the speakers are supplied electricity.

To me it seems like something is being "overloaded" and hence the speakers needs to be reset constantly to compensate for it. What do you guys think, and are there a way of fixing for it?

Thanks

sanoop

Jul 2, 2017
how long do you use the speakers ? check for these possibilites
1. IC might be over heated . check for the heatsinks.
2. check the transformer.
3. check for any loose contact with the source signal.

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
Greetings people at electronicspoint
--->
logitech z506 5.1 speakers (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/surround-sound-speaker-z506)

1. PC's are notorious for using up precious few resources they have1....
2. Most have a special set of limited resources which they assign to the system and not the accessories
3. Most PC junkies have a special way they connect stuff and sometimes that uses alot of these resources
4. you will find that most consumer goods made from 1990 to 2015 are "replacable devices" that is a device designed to work within its warranty period and then be replaced.
5. especially with speaker systems.... the engineers got sick of hackers telling them how to make sound systems better and just tossed together things that sound good but heat up, are missing a certain band to compensate for the higher quality of another, or just quit after a while....probablyl cause they use up some kind of important resource that they borrowed from the system, and when the system needed that resource... it shut the speakers off...

The system will probably function properly if you install all the logitech sound cards and equipment that is rated for these speakers. Shut off all the screen savers, power management programs and resource savers, and turn off all other programs before listening to music for this long long long long amount of time....

good luck with this guy...he's been making breadboards into prototypes for along time now and I think hes onto some really incredible breakthrough in experimental electrrrrrrrrroonnnnnniccccccsssssssss....fzztztsy "smoke is not our freind"