Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Look for some kind of controller for a DYI digital picture frame

paries

Jan 27, 2023
Hello, I am not sure this is the place, but I thought i would try here.
A couple of years ago i made a digital photo frame. I used a small monitor with a rasberryPI attached to the back. The code was written in node and i used headless chrome to display the photos.
It worked pretty well, but the problem was the Pi's.. They kept on overheating and or corrupting the SD cards after a long time running continuously. It also seemed a little over kill.

Any one have a suggestion for something better? I have though about the Pi Zero.

Does anyone know what the commercial digital frames use. Is it all custom electronics? And any idea what language they would be using?

Thanks for any help or insight
Randy

bidrohini

Feb 1, 2023
Hello, I am not sure this is the place, but I thought i would try here.
A couple of years ago i made a digital photo frame. I used a small monitor with a rasberryPI attached to the back. The code was written in node and i used headless chrome to display the photos.
It worked pretty well, but the problem was the Pi's.. They kept on overheating and or corrupting the SD cards after a long time running continuously. It also seemed a little over kill.

Any one have a suggestion for something better? I have though about the Pi Zero.

Does anyone know what the commercial digital frames use. Is it all custom electronics? And any idea what language they would be using?

Thanks for any help or insight
Randy
You can proceed with Raspberry Pi zero. Do not forget to add Dedicated Aluminum Heatsink for Raspberry Pi Zero to your project.