Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for 8051 PCB for projects

dxpwny

Jul 9, 2011
I frequently throw together little 8051 projects, always starting out on solder-less bread boards. I get annoyed that I'm always creating the same basic 8051 circuit, then building off of that. I use the DS89C450 (I have dozens), so my base circuit always has the micro, a 74125, a max232 of some sort, crystal, ... etc.

I got to thinking it might be better if I could find a very small pre-built board, that is geared towards the DS89C450 in the 40 pin dip package. I'd then start by screwing that to my small sheet of plywood, add a couple solder-less bread boards, a cable or to connect some pins on the micro board to my solder-less bread board, power supply ... and have my project up and running much faster (and without wiring errors involving the micro).

I searched Ebay and did not come up with anything. I'm really looking for something SMALL, as in about 2 x 4 inches. I am not looking for anything that is loaded up with 7 segment displays, dozens of peripherals, a mini lcd display ... just the core cpu and what I mentioned already.

Does anyone know of where I can find such a product ?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
the thought which comes immediately to mind is to design a simple PCB and send the design to a cheap place to get a few manufactured. Then populate the boards as required.

dxpwny

Jul 9, 2011
Hello ... I have done PCB layouts before ... and could likely do this in a simple two sided board. Can anyone recommend shareware software to generate what ever files a board house would need ?

Anyone have good luck with a particular board house doing wimple two sided boards with feed thru's ?

I don't have the time to make my own boards.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I think there's a thread somewhere where people have discussed their experiences with various PCB manufacturers.

Maybe someone will find out and post a link before I can -- I'll be a while...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Thanks for looking Martin. There are a few threads I've found in addition to that one, but the one I was thinking about was this.