Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for an unusually large capacitor or a replacement

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Did you replace all the electrolytics as a complete overhaul?.
I thought the audio was coming in and out on one channel?.
Now one channel is dead?.

Having a working channel should make diagnosis easier. Follow both supply rails making notes of voltages.

You can cut cardboard or similar to cover the 220v exposed area but I think it’s more dangerous to do as complacency creeps in. It’s far better to know it’s dangerous and you tend to be more careful.

Martin

TGV

May 9, 2013
You can cut cardboard or similar to cover the 220v exposed area but I think it’s more dangerous to do as complacency creeps in. It’s far better to know it’s dangerous and you tend to be more careful.
Your avatar is not conducive to your argument.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Yeah, I covered the high voltage and became complacent.....once!.

Martin

Reactions: TGV

Technomaniac

Oct 31, 2020
Some older stereo amps had two pairs of RCA sockets on the back which needed links connected between them for any of the audio to get from the preamp output to the power amp input. The links were usually bits of plated steel wire bent into squarish U shapes. They can tarnish. Also worth checking is an earphone jack whose internal switches connect the speakers. Also some amps have speaker fuses and separate power fuses for each output stage. Always good to check the easy possibilities before you start removing components.