Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for circuit designer

a.mlw.walker

Nov 15, 2011
Hi everyone, so i am a hobbyist and I have just come up with a simple circuit, using a mega1284p and a mega328p. They communicate wirelessly and I have just got them working perfectly together.
The situation.
mega1284p connected to nrf24L01+, micro-sd card and bluetooth module to transmit audio. Uses cell batteries and runs at 3.3v

mega328p connected to button and nrf24L01+, and uses cell batteries and runs at 3.3v, but also requires 1.8v - which I havent quite worked out how to do, ive been using a resistor to get this.

The nrf24L01+ modules i am using are:
http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=53 and the circuit design and parts are on the nrf24L01+ datasheet.

What I want is these two circuits designed (I have done the schematic drawings) as small as possible on pcbs. I am no good at pcb design and really un confident. i can send the schematic designs I have done to you, but they use the nrf24L01+ modules linked above, i want the circuit to include the circuits on these - i.e not the breakout boards to save on yet more space.

I.e both circuits are simple, i just want them copied into the smallest form factor possible.
I can pay, but not that rich so if you wanna charge me loads, Im sorry i cant pay loads...
Thanks guys

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
Im not sure how much "pay loads" is, but I can tell you for one board laid out and made for you will probably cost you (for the boards alone mind you, not parts, labor pay, etc) around 100-150, that is with a 2-4 week lead time as well

With parts (depending on what youre getting) you can probably add another 50 - 100 (could be more if you want small surface mount)
Design/layout charges (depending on complexity and number of components) anywhere from another 50-200 (could be more due to surface mount, due to smaller components and different equipment needed)

all said and done youre looking at 200 - 500 for one of each, I know that you are uncomfortable with it but you may want to try laying it out yourself and ordering it and making sure it works properly, make some tweaks and once you get it all ironed out then you can go ahead and spend the money on someone to designer

The fact that you dont have the circuit complete (talking about the 1.8V that you said you havent entirely worked out) I would personally be hesitant to work on it