Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for flyback SMPS controller IPS16H

batdetector

Jun 4, 2023
Hi. Any ideas where to find IPS16H?

I am trying to repair an induction hob. It is a Neff HMIFA22130. A PSU problem is causing one of the two power boards to shut down so that 2/4 coils don't operate. I get a backwards 9 symbol in the control panel when I try to turn on either coil.

I have found some suspicious parts in its main off-line SMPS based around a IPS16H controller driving a MOSFET:
One is a yellow-body opto-coupler with a dark mark on the transistor end. This provides isolated feedback to the IPS16H.
The others are a pair of 750k resistors that both measure about 850k. These provide start-up current to the IPS16H. Running current is then (cunning patent) supplied from the snubber network to pump an integrated 9V shunt regulator.

I suspect that the IPS16H has failed and overloaded the optocoupler and resistors.

IPS16H is the only part I can't find. I managed to find a data sheet (attached). It was designed by ASIC Advantage inc, which was acquired by Microchip, but they discontinued it and no catalogues list it. I found IPS160, but that is a totally different device.

Thanks.

Attachments

• ips15_rev12_april07.pdf
    206.6 KB · Views: 1

batdetector

Jun 4, 2023
Thanks, but Asic Advantage no longer exists. I will try my luck with MIcrochip technical support.