Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for low profile power distribution block

FadeRat

Jun 23, 2014
Hello,

I am looking for a low profile (less than .5 inches tall) power distribution block. I need to distribute 24VDC to multiple components inside of a small area, so space is limited. Something similar to WM5761-ND found on Digi-Key. I can't use this one though, because my boss thinks they come loose to easy.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you.

FadeRat

Jun 23, 2014
There isn't room to mount to a DIN rail, so it's going to have to be mounted directly to a base plate.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
I don't see anything wrong in what you have chosen. If your worried about them coming loose then apply a small amount of thread lock to the bolt thread and tighten them to the correct torque with a torque screwdriver.
Adam

FadeRat

Jun 23, 2014
I don't see anything wrong with them either. But the boss doesn't like them, so I need to find something else.

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Did you ask your boss what exactly he is looking for? Spade terminals under screw terminals are used in the billions - many alarm systems are wired that way. He may have a specific connector in mind. But for low profile, easy access, what you have is a great choice. How many conductors are going under one post? Maybe he would prefer a yoke and screw connection? GL, just remember, the boss is always right, until the project blows up ;-)

FadeRat

Jun 23, 2014
Sadly, he's a typical boss in that he told me exactly what he doesn't want, but is no help in telling me what he DOES want!
There will only be one connector under each post, as long as the distributor can handle all of the outputs. It would be nice to be able to have one side be power and another be ground. I'd like to be able to bring in my 24VDC and distribute it out to several different components (a PCB, a radio, and a light).

Thank you all for your replies thus-far.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
ask him specifically WHY he doesn't like it, maybe that will hint at what would be acceptable

Dave

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Sadly, he's a typical boss in that he told me exactly what he doesn't want, but is no help in telling me what he DOES want!
There will only be one connector under each post, as long as the distributor can handle all of the outputs. It would be nice to be able to have one side be power and another be ground. I'd like to be able to bring in my 24VDC and distribute it out to several different components (a PCB, a radio, and a light).

Thank you all for your replies thus-far.

Not knowing what power will be flowing, would something like this work?
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0391000812/WM15907-ND/894439

FadeRat

Jun 23, 2014
Unfortunately, that one is too tall. I need one that is less than .5 inches tall.

I'm thinking that what I have is what we are stuck with.

Thank you all for your help.