Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for more data on "AM7212" Texas instruments

Oskar Walin

May 5, 2015
Hello! I've been using google to my best ability, but fail to find any data on this IC.

the text is:
AM7212
And it looks like a texas logo.

It seems like it's some kind of displaydriver, but it is also the only chip on a board containing a small OS of some sort (it's a pictureframe)

What i am looking for is some way to get a Analogue or Digital videosignal in and use the frame as a monitor.

I am very new to electronics, or atleast i havn't studied it in about 8 years.
Pretty profitient at soldering, even surfacemounted stuff.

so my question is, does anyone know if it's possible to get a videosignal in there? If so, How? A datasheet of the chip would be awesome aswell!

Pictures of the board:
http://imgur.com/zhAxf6Q,ot4vYrq

Best Regards
Oskar Wallin

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Welcome to electronicspoint.

The chip you are looking for is probably made by "Actions-Micro". Unfortunately their homepage doesn't list the AM7212 (anymore?). A very sparse bit of information can be found here. The original datasheet obviously was here, but is no longer available.
You may try to contact the company for a datasheet of their discontinued AM7212 product.

Regards,
Harald

Last edited by a moderator:

Oskar Walin

May 5, 2015
Welcome to electronicspoint.

The chip you are looking for is probably made by "Actions-Micro". Unfortunately their homepage doesn't list the AM7212 (anymore?). A very sparse bit of information can be found here. The original datasheet obviously was here, but is no longer available.
You may try to contact the company for a datasheet of their discontinued AM7212 product.

Regards,
Harald
Thank you Harald!
I will be in touch with the company in question!

Best Regards
Oskar Wallin