Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for PCB design information

Sadlercomfort

Ash
Feb 9, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some articles or reliable resources which explain how to design a professional PCB and good practices.

I need to research these for my project, so they need to be reliable but can't find anything.. there's a few books online but I can't buy them.

I've already searched our library.

Sadlercomfort

Ash
Feb 9, 2013
Yeah, although the first link does provide some good design points.. i was looking for a more academic resource

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
You will have trouble finding it . Companies pay a lot of money for this sort of thing. I have been lucky to have been trained twice by the best in my opinion. Not saying I know everything, far from it. It depends if you want an EMC course or an IPC course. Do you have any particular questions?
Adam

Sadlercomfort

Ash
Feb 9, 2013
That's right I have had trouble :) and I just wanted to know the basic principles. The most sensitive part of my circuit is the real-time-clock and the oscillator. But the ground planes are described in the datasheet. So really its just calculating traces widths and clearances.

I'll guess I'll have to stick with this resource:

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
I was going to do a project for PCB design a year or so ago. But some people on this forum think they know everything so I didnt bother. You can email me [email protected] if you have any questions. Do you have any Gerber I can see?
Adam

Sadlercomfort

Ash
Feb 9, 2013
Yes, there are some who think they know everything.. Yet I enjoy electronics because there's always something new to learn ;)

The PCB has already being designed, Constantine has made this for me recently on his thread.

It seems there is just enough information on here to explain the very basics, the author is a graduate so i guess the source is good after all.

P.S Very nice signature, there aren't enough that understand electron flow like this!

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Ok if you have any questions let us know.
Cheers Adam