Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for serial data logger, suggestions?

cherokeedriver

Nov 11, 2015
I am looking for a data logging device to receive and store data comming from a single wire Rs-232 output from an engine monitor (which is used to measure engine cylinder head temp and exhaust gas temps). The manufacturer of the engine monitor provides the following details on the devices data output:

"RS-232 Data
Output 1 second per full sequence at 57.6K bps (8/N/2/N)"

I would like something that has a removeable data card. I think I only need one one channel, although I wouldn't be opposed to having additional channels to gather additional data (RPMS, ambient air temp).

I will be using 12vdc to power the device (I assume I'll need to reduce this to 5vdc).

Thank you for your suggestions.

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
I am looking for a data logging device to receive and store data comming from a single wire Rs-232 output from an engine monitor (which is used to measure engine cylinder head temp and exhaust gas temps). The manufacturer of the engine monitor provides the following details on the devices data output:

"RS-232 Data
Output 1 second per full sequence at 57.6K bps (8/N/2/N)"

I would like something that has a removeable data card. I think I only need one one channel, although I wouldn't be opposed to having additional channels to gather additional data (RPMS, ambient air temp).

I will be using 12vdc to power the device (I assume I'll need to reduce this to 5vdc).

Thank you for your suggestions.

If you can use a PC or laptop you will get absolute flexibility .
The only thing you need is a free serial logging software like this one
http://www.eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/