Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for suggested dynamic microphone power level

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Some cheap recorder systems are designed to record a voice. They cut frequencies above 3kHz like a 100 years old telephone did.
Then most of the talking was, "What? What did you say?" over and over.
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? I am fortunate that the conclusion that it could become very difficult to produce a quality recording with sub- quality devices, seeped through my mental firewall. Being rather stubborn and persevering, I have been known to whip a dead horse fleshless.

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
I was sent an email today that there was a reply to this old thread. But there is no recent reply that might have been erased.

Last edited:

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
In addition to the aspects of remote powering of capacitor microphones,
AKA electret mic, AKA condenser mic .
Recording engineers must be aware of the acoustical properties of microphones ,along with the electrical aspects. Chief among these are microphone sensitivity, impedance, self-noise level, and distortion at high operating levels.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
I was sent an email today that there was a reply to this old thread. But there is no recent reply that might have been erased.
I received the following email on 5-3. This thread may have been archived. Idk. I did buy another thrift shop mic. Haven't tried it yet but suspect your mention of mics being geared for voice may come into play. I'm guessing the new mic was karaokeEP NOTIF 1.1.png mic.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
The advantage of the 25-cent mic is the open back cancels distance sounds so it amplifies near sounds only with the mic near the corner of the lips. This is great to eliminate feedback with a loudspeaker due to the far field attenuation. The bad news is quality if this feature is all over th
Far field attenuation is a wonderful idea but often the background noises are present and very annoying, even at my carrier's business, Cellone. If I have to tell a business operator that they need to speak up to be understood, I generally hang up after the third time. I suspect the OTJ training cadet has a new and improved manner in which to wear their headset. Why would anybody teach phone etiquette when everyone knows how to use a phone?

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

@HANKMARS , I deleted a spampost in this thread.
The system sends an email when someone posts in a thread where you have an email notification set.
The email was already sent before I deleted the post.

Bertus