Maker Pro
Maker Pro

looking for vga analog to digital converter

HOLY19

Jul 25, 2012
I need to buy that converter can anyone send me a link of it for sale?
it's very important that the interfaces will be both of input and output in VGA adapter.
(ANALOG VGA TO DIGITAL VGA CONVERTER)

if u also can't find it (which is very weird ) how i can create a converter as i want the input and output as VGA connectors.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Can you clarify exactly what you want to do? VGA is an analog signal, please elaborate on what you mean by VGA digital? Do you mean DVI?

Have you tried Google?

HOLY19

Jul 25, 2012
Can you clarify exactly what you want to do? VGA is an analog signal, please elaborate on what you mean by VGA digital? Do you mean DVI?

Have you tried Google?
hi, i receive from a spectrum analyzer analog signals and i need to convert it to digital signals cuz i need to save it in cyclone 2 (which has digital vga connector)

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
cuz i need to save it in cyclone 2 (which has digital vga connector)

Please elaborate further, what is this cyclone 2? A Google search revealed multiple video related devices under that name... And as I have explained VGA is analog by standard, I highly suspect that there is no digital VGA connector as you describe, maybe a DVI though?

HOLY19

Jul 25, 2012
Please elaborate further, what is this cyclone 2? A Google search revealed multiple video related devices under that name... And as I have explained VGA is analog by standard, I highly suspect that there is no digital VGA connector as you describe, maybe a DVI though?

I receive from spectrum analyzer analog signal (i read it with analog vga adapter) i have to convert my data to digitals signal and write to cyclone 2 somehow in i/o input.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Well if you are not going to answer my questions, ignore what I ask and not supply any relevant information I can't help you...

Please take some time to compose a detailed description of what you want to do, included model numbers, specifications and any and all relevant information you can think of or find... And while you are doing that keep these things in mind, as a starting point...

1. As I have already asked what is a cyclone 2?
2. What type of digital video input does this cyclone 2, need or require?
3. What is this "analog vga adapter" you are using to read with?
4. And note there is no such thing as a universal 'digital signal' so unless you provide specifications that this signal should follow you are not going to get an answer...

HOLY19

Jul 25, 2012
Well if you are not going to answer my questions, ignore what I ask and not supply any relevant information I can't help you...

Please take some time to compose a detailed description of what you want to do, included model numbers, specifications and any and all relevant information you can think of or find... And while you are doing that keep these things in mind, as a starting point...

http://www.altera.com/literature/manual/mnl_cycII_dsp_board_ep2c70.pdf
1. As I have already asked what is a cyclone 2? Development Board
2. What type of digital video input does this cyclone 2, need or require? it's called "I/O input"
3. What is this "analog vga adapter" you are using to read with? " i connect to the spectrum a vga cable for readin the signals, i need to send it to my development board that has "i/o digital input"
4. And note there is no such thing as a universal 'digital signal' so unless you provide specifications that this signal should follow you are not going to get an answer...
sorry i dont speak very well english

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I quickly looked over the manual you linked, I failed to see a dedicated video input... If there is one can you point it out?

it's called "I/O input
That describes absolutely nothing, only that the input port is digital in nature, you are not going to send a VGA signal to a generic I/O pin without converting it to a standard (and speed) compatible with said I/O port... What standard are you using and is it compatible with said port? In reality tere is likely way too much data coming down a VGA line to convert and pipe into most generic I/O ports like this device has...

I have asked multiple times for you describe what you want to do in detail, yet you avoid answering... I can certainly understand a language barrier but even broken English is better then nothing at all... Your replies thus far indicate you have a pretty good grasp of English, so please help me out with a detailed description...

Don't just answer these questions, like the ones before they are intended as a guide to what types of information you should include in your description...

What kind of data are you trying to grab from the VGA output?
What are you going to do with this data?
Are you simply trying to record the video?

These and a many more questions come to mind...