Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking to commission a PCB construction

alumniu

Dec 1, 2011
What I need:
This may be a fairly easy project for a student or hobbyist looking for some extra cash this holiday season. I am looking to commission someone to build a professional looking and operating (PCB) printed circuit board, provide a “blueprint/ diagram” of the board, and a component source list with pricing.

Payment / Delivery:
My budget is $50-125, depending on your final product. If awarded the task, I will pay you $50 for your efforts no matter what, with a possible $75 extra depending on your final product. Unless the completed project is deemed grossly unacceptable, you will earn the full extra $75. Payment will be made through PayPal upon arrival of your package. If you’d like, I can pay you for the necessary parts up front if you provide me with the parts list with sources and pricing. This amount will be deducted from the initial $50 you will receive. However you can still receive the $75 bonus depending on final product. Your final product should ship within 10 days of project acceptance.

Overview:
Circuit board whose intention will keep an 11” x 11” x 3.5” steel box at or around a temperature of (99ºF +/- 2%). Installation environment of the PCB will be inside an 18ga. steel box – screwed onto metal or plastic standoffs. Safety around humans and animals is a concern, which is why I would like to use AC to DC adaptor operating at a lower voltage/amperage. I am aware that you are the one with the knowledge of electronics, so if you have any suggestions or recommendations, it would be welcomed.

Component/Functions:
1. PCB size shall not exceed a size of 3” x 4” x any thickness.
2. Switch/sensor that will automatically turn OFF heater when it reaches upper temp limit.
3. Switch/sensor that will automatically turn ON heater when it falls below lower temp limit.
4. 6” long leads with an attached 2” or 3” fan.
5. 6” long leads with an attached red LED that will be recessed into the box’s cover.
6. 6” long leads with an attached black plastic toggle switch. Switching this on will turn on the fan, LED, and heater.
7. 6” long leads with an attached black plastic push-button timed switch. Attached to this will be a timed heat feature (possibly with a second heater, or maybe just one more powerful heater?) that will quickly bring the box up to temperature within 15min, and then turn off automatically. The switch and push-button can operate in conjunction, but should also be able to operate independently from one another.
8. The temp sensor(s) may need to be at the opposite end of the board that the heater(s) are located in order to minimize sensors from prematurely turning off without heating the entire box to desired temperature. This may not be completely necessary because the fan will help disperse the heat.
9. Box will use an AC to DC power adaptor switching from 110VAC to 12VDC- 1A or 24VDC- 6A. (May need your recommendation on this)

Looks do count- please don’t submit a grease-smudged circuit board with sloppy solder, or hand-written diagram on a cocktail napkin. Digital files are a plus but not absolutely necessary. I primarily use a Mac Pro computer, and have the capability of opening any Adobe program, as well as Solidworks files on my PC. If you are aware of a digital format that industry professionals use, than that would be the best, and I will find someone who can open the file for me.

Wrap Up:
I don’t mind paying a fair price for this first prototype board, however my intentions are to put this board into a production environment in the future- so keeping the actual production board cost as low as possible is a consideration. All components should be off-the-shelf. I encourage you to contact me with questions about my project. If in doubt, just email me and hopefully I can convey my intentions. Some aspects of the project may be expendable or flexible.

I am an honest, hardworking recent college grad, whose main job is in an unrelated field to this project. I am doing this in an attempt to make extra cash down the road if this project ever pans out for me.

I am positing this project on multiple forums. Project open to US residents only please

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I wonder if this should go in homework help?

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
I thought it was a cooking recipe,ohh i was hungry as well, lol.

Only joking, i am none the wiser as to what it is, but i expect thats classified, on a need to know basis, the OP could tell you but then you would be marked, ha ha.

Sorry enough sodding about, how about telling us more of what the final product will do, so long as its not classified. :D

alumniu

Dec 1, 2011
you can place it where ever you'd like, but i'm legitimately seeking help. And judging from my responses on other forums, it seems like my budget may be more fitting to simply have someone design it for me, and provide a parts list- and ill build and test myself. Also, drastically raise my temp tolerance from 2% to 20%. I don't have much knowledge on circuits or their capabilities, which is why i'm a first time poster seeking help on here.

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Your initial price point would be blown with one prototype pcb made I would imagine. Plus you want them to put it a nice little package for you. $125 bucks would barely cover pcb cost I would imagine. Maybe I am completely wrong

alumniu

Dec 1, 2011
I think your correct from what i've heard from others. Would it be reasonable to have someone design the circuit for me and provide a component list for my initial budget?

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
You could probably find someone to design a pcb, give you the required files and a parts list for your budget. If I had to take a guess. Maybe someone will be willing to help you out.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
What Jackorocko says makes sence, i was only pulling your leg, it looked like a military task, but that aside, cant you not find a clued up mate to help prototype a circuit for you ? this offers best value and to convay your requirements to them. I am out of the questions as i live in the UK. But good luck with your venture.

alumniu

Dec 1, 2011
Im really just looking to redesign this circuit to beef it up a bit.
A-town08

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 193

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Can you draw a schematic? That looks simple, but so do a lot of other things at first sight.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
It looks like a thermal control circuit with a aluminum temp plate to contact a pair of thermal switches, if it is that it could easily be re engineered for a heavier use of another item, but thats going on looking at the picture, if they are two thermal switches they probably control the temp with in set limits. :)

alumniu

Dec 1, 2011
your exactly right davelectronic. I'm not very savvy with schematics, but I can see what I can do. It is a very simple circuit. My initial post was probably overblown, and is where I'd like to end up. I guess right now i'd like to get the functionality in place to test it out, and then polish it up in the future. For now, i'm looking for help in beefing-up the circuit to put out temps around 100ºF +/- 10º? No need for the timed heat feature, with an LED at this point either.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Like Jackorocko said a schematic would be of great help. The origin of the circuit as it is and what it came from all this helps, plus what you want to adapt it for ? All this gives you the best possible chances of a result in the re engineering of the circuit. :)