Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Lost charge cord for my fish finder.

Gromyjoe

Dec 31, 2017
I have this portable fish finder called the fish hunter directional 3d. It worked great for ice fishing until I lost the cord.
As far as I know the pins would be 5v ground and signal. The signal and ground get shorted out when thrown into water and the 5v and ground are used to charge the battery.
How would I find out which pins are what? I cant open it up either or I would've already figured it out.

Thanks for your Help!

Attachments

• 1514763864610956364202.jpg
    1514763864610956364202.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 119

Gromyjoe

Dec 31, 2017
So with the connector facing you like a smiley face. Pin 2 and 3 shorted turns it on and resets the sonar. 1 and 2 have 127k ohms and open circuit the other direction. I'm going to take a guess here but maybe one and two are the charging pins?
What I was thinkin of doing was connecting a 5v usb charger to a breadboard with a potentiometer so I can slowly raise the voltage and see if the charging light turns on. I'm just scared of putting current through something and frying the circuit...

By the way I haven't been able to find a replacement cord for it yet, the company just got bought out by lowrance and they haven't replied to my emails over a month ago.

Gromyjoe

Dec 31, 2017
I found a few sites like that. That one there's no add to cart icon anywhere. So I signed up and searched in their shop. Nothing at all... contacted them and they said they've never carried that product before. Weird as heck!!!

Gromyjoe

Dec 31, 2017
I have it hooked up right now to pin one 5v and pin two ground and the orange charge light comes on. Voltage was initially 4.912V and after about 20 minutes it is 4.939V. From what I understand about electronics as a battery gets charged the resistance decreases which would reflect higher input voltage.. I checked if it still worked after about 5 minutes and it did but the battery percentage was still the same.

So far I did not release the shmoooo lol so if this works it'd be useful for the next person that loses their fish hunter cord.

Happy New Year's by the way