Low Cost PCB Manufacturers

Low Cost PCB Manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Straw

Oct 29, 2015
Don Straw submitted a new resource:

Low Cost PCB Manufacturers - Low Cost PCB Manufacturers

Many of the free PCB design packages are offered by PCB manufacturers that offer affordable low

volume PCB prototype manufacturing which is often a great alternative to making a PCB at home.

Low Cost PCB Manufacturing

Making PCBs at home, while it can be very affordable, imposes several limitations. Typically thin traces are very hard to make reliably, vias or plated through holes must be manually installed as miniature rivits or soldered in wires or not used at all, and multilayer...

Read more about this resource...

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
All "Free PCB design packages" offered by PCB manufacturers are a TRAP.
You cannot get your design without paying a fortune and they charge an ENORMOUS amount to make a few PCB's.
Use free software and get a manufacturer like Elecrow
http://www.elecrow.com/
to make the boards.

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
For $15.00 plus $10.00 postage, you would not waste time etching your own board. You can't add an overlay, solder-mask and tinned lands yourself.
And yet I see magazines with articles showing home-made boards with black names and numbers scribbled all over the board.
This is an absolute INSULT to the intelligence of the reader and I added an overlay to all my projects, over 50 years ago, when magazines still showed paper-bakelite boards with hand-drilled holes.
It's all in the quality of the author, and roll-your-own designs went out with hand-wired valve chassis. With all my projects, you can build it without any other reference.
It has to be like this.
With 250 projects and 8 staff making projects 5 years after they are released, you have to make it simple and easy to build the circuit.
And the same applies to customers who leave a project in a cupboard for 2 years and then decide to build it. All the components and details are on the top.(and on the bottom)
$25.00 for 10 boards (panels) is a complete bargain and it's only due to the downturn in demand that has forced the Chinese to offer these absolute bargains.
I would not even waste time buying the etchant. (which is almost impossible in Australia).

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
For those located in rainy Britain, we are fortunate enough to have ragworm, that does extremely reasonable prices on batches of boards anywhere from 1 to 99. Simply get the gerber files zipped, type in your board size and you make the order. Very helpful customer service, I managed to forget the drill files on my first go, they notified me the next day, the problem was fixed and the board arrived in about a week. So I can get something useful, made in Britain, which is a first. Please could you add http://www.ragworm.eu/index.php.

Thanks,

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
"Those prices really aren't bad.."

Are you kidding !!!!

Ragworm wanted $400 for my boards. I pay $15 !!!!

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
To keep your boards as cheap as possible, allow 70 thou between boards and cut them yourself with a hax saw. Linish the edges with sandpaper. Make sure you can cut between all the boards before you send-off the panel.
This will get you 12 panels from Elecrow and they will not give anyone else samples of your boards.

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
I had 49 panels done last year. The work was perfect.
All the holes were in the wrong place and the overlay was on the wrong side. I just got out a drill and re-drilled all the holes and screened the other side.

Don Straw

Oct 29, 2015
mm ,the price is so cheap ! Have you ever had a successful transaction ?
How about the quality ,and I really want to know the delivery time.
Hi can you inform me which boards house you want to know about? I have a lot of successful results with the manufacturers. Or you can tell me something about your location, needs and anything else then I can suggest you some ones fitting you.

Sadlercomfort

Ash
Feb 9, 2013
Hi can you inform me which boards house you want to know about? I have a lot of successful results with the manufacturers. Or you can tell me something about your location, needs and anything else then I can suggest you some ones fitting you.

Any manufacturers you would you recommend for the UK.. for a small order of say 5 PCBS. 200x200mm.

I dont order huge quantities.

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
I had 49 panels done last year. The work was perfect.
All the holes were in the wrong place and the overlay was on the wrong side. I just got out a drill and re-drilled all the holes and screened the other side.

that is strange, perfect work with holes in wrong places and overlay on wrong side ?

antonio_liu

Sep 12, 2017
It was amazing that i need rush boards although with only 10PCs but they regards very important and i received my boards in only 5 days since i ordered. And then i went to soldering.Their boards is not expensive but also with the super quality! I was very satisfied.Maybe i will try other options but i will also keep the cooperation with WellPCB.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Thread closed ... It's attracting too many spammers

Lot's of good info has been posted

Status
Not open for further replies.